Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424443
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224493
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309716
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61963
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20277
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169308
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6345
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

CPU SUPPORT XEON FOR M7720
#1
So I just bought a Xeon x5660 for my Acer Aspire M7720. It doesn't even boot to post BIOS, no beeps or whatsoever.

Can anyone make this work?

I have AMI R01-A2, but I cannot find this bios version anywhere. If you can add the support for another bios, like A3 or A4, I will update my bios to that version.

Thanks in advance.


Attached Files
.txt   DERMIR-PC.txt (Size: 107.35 KB / Downloads: 8)
find
quote
#2
Please tell sSpec of your X5660.
Try to flash BIOS R01.A3 or R01.A4.
BTW: R01.A2 for download.

Update: 32-nm CPUs aren't supported by all these BIOS.
find
quote
#3
I did try to flash it, but with the Bios Update page on this site I couldn't update the BIOS. There were no 3 files on the USB Flash drive. I tried it like 3 times.
Maybe I just need to flash it with the M7720 mod that is already unlocked.
find
quote
#4
(07-09-2017, 05:09 AM)hadilanordan Wrote: Maybe I just need to flash it with the M7720 mod that is already unlocked.
No, it will not help for supporting 32-nm CPUs.
BTW: readme.pdf in BIOS_Acer_R01.A3_A_A.zip is useful for BIOS updating.
find
quote
#5
What I meant was just flashing it with that BIOS and maybe, just maybe I could OC my i7 920 just a lil' bit and try to sell the X5660.
find
quote
#6
(07-09-2017, 06:12 AM)hadilanordan Wrote: ...just maybe I could  OC my i7 920  just a lil' bit...
Read this topic - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-A...OC-options
find
quote
#7
Just read it, maybe I should just leave it like this. And if it doesn't work anymore I'll just put together a system where I pick the parts myself.
Thanks for your answers, much appreciated!
find
quote
#8
Hy together,

i have exact the same problem - did we have some Members they already geht the ACER M7720 working with a XEON ?

i found online an CPU-Z Screen with Acer FX58M Board and a Xeon CPU on it
(have to search it again ... Sad .. i think i read R01.A3 as BIOS ... i will check)

thanks for help
find
quote
#9
I think it was Xeon 5500 series.
find
quote
#10
so you think there will be no chance to get an X5660 work on this Board ? ..
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)