Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6363
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424493
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224614
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169366
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Compaq Phoenix BIOS recovery SR5410F
#1
Hello

I updated the BIOS on my SR5410F and now I get no video. If I take out the RAM sticks, you get a beeping sound, other than that- nothing. I tried the win+B key combination and the flash drive shouldn't start flashing. I don't think it works for desktops, because I tried it on two other desktop and it goes straight to the splash screen without any recovery. It worked for the two laptops that I tried on. Please help.

This is the second HP/Compaq that did this. Is there even a BIOS chip so I could replace it?
find
quote
#2
Hello garegin,

Try the following combinations:

Code:
List of possible key combinations:
•Ctrl+Esc
•Alt+Esc
•Fn+Esc
•Win+B
•Fn+B
•Win+R
•Fn+R
•Ctrl+F
•Win+F
•Ctrl+Alt+S
•Ctrl+Home
•Fn+Home
•Alt+End
•Ctrl+End
•End
•combinations of Ctrl, Fn, Win, & Alt with the other options

   Format: The "+" in between keys is not a character that you press. It is a deliminator.
   (Example) For "Win+F" you would press "Win" AND "F".

Also, try following these instructions EXACTLY for your particular BIOS brand. The USB flashdrive will need to be 2GB or less in size.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#3
(06-19-2015, 08:32 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello garegin,

Try the following combinations:


Code:
List of possible key combinations:
•Ctrl+Esc
•Alt+Esc
•Fn+Esc
•Win+B
•Fn+B
•Win+R
•Fn+R
•Ctrl+F
•Win+F
•Ctrl+Alt+S
•Ctrl+Home
•Fn+Home
•Alt+End
•Ctrl+End
•End
•combinations of Ctrl, Fn, Win, & Alt with the other options

   Format: The "+" in between keys is not a character that you press. It is a deliminator.
   (Example) For "Win+F" you would press "Win" AND "F".

Also, try following these instructions EXACTLY for your particular BIOS brand. The USB flashdrive will need to be 2GB or less in size.

~Steven
I tried all of them, except the FN ones (this is a desktop). Still nothing, no flashing on the drive, no keyboard light.  I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong. Are all of those combos for Phoenix, I want to narrow down the list for obvious reasons? I found the pdf for the motherboard online, msi-7525. It mentions BIOS recovery, but doesn't say how. I also found people with the same motherboard who bricked their board.
find
quote
#4
Hello garegin,

Try resetting the CMOS settings, which may be in conflict with the new updated BIOS image. To do this, you will need to disconnect all power sources from your desktop, including the CMOS battery and power cords, monitors, or other externally powered devices. Keep all of the aforementioned items disconnected from your desktop motherboard for 15 minutes. Sometime during this time interval, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to help dissipate any remaining power.

Also, were you using a 2GB or less capacity flashdrive? Did you try recovering your BIOS with BOTH file names? If you have not done either of these, do not attempt to do so until you have cleared the CMOS settings as detailed above.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#5
(06-20-2015, 03:00 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello garegin,

Try resetting the CMOS settings, which may be in conflict with the new updated BIOS image. To do this, you will need to disconnect all power sources from your desktop, including the CMOS battery and power cords, monitors, or other externally powered devices. Keep all of the aforementioned items disconnected from your desktop motherboard for 15 minutes. Sometime during this time interval, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to help dissipate any remaining power.

Also, were you using a 2GB or less capacity flashdrive? Did you try recovering your BIOS with BOTH file names? If you have not done either of these, do not attempt to do so until you have cleared the CMOS settings as detailed above.

~Steven
I did the CMOS reset, even took out the battery. Still nothing. The problem is the BIOS recovery works on different HP laptops I have, but none of the desktops. I have to be doing something wrong.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)