Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 41
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424265
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3570
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 234
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 169
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 262
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224040
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119118
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6751
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 365
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309594
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61917
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 580
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20234
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169187
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6285
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 781
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5747
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61136

Dell Inspiron 530 1.0.18-based RAID 8.7.0
#1
This ROM is tested working by me on a friend's PC, but before anyone uses it, let me explain what went into it.

I found an ICH9R version of the option ROM version 8.7.0 (which is different than the ICH10R version if it). I tried this on 1.0.16 with my friend's PC but it would not load the OROM at all and thus RAID mode didn't work. I forget the specifics, but some people had problems with 1.0.18 so I didn't use it at first. But since the stock RAID (7.5) and also 7.6 didn't show his SSD in his BIOS, he couldn't use it in RAID mode (which means no TRIM for him, which means degraded performance over time).

I tried 1.0.18 and 8.7.0 and it worked. I also got rid of Phoenix AHCI and integrated Intel AHCI, which I didn't expect to work. As expected, the AHCI screen did not show up, meaning the BIOS itself would have to be rewritten to use the Intel AHCI ROM instead. However, even without it, the RAID BIOS loaded and took care of everything including a DVD-ROM. So this ROM is tested working as-is. I could dump the Intel AHCI ROM and put the Phoenix one back in, but there is the potential for that to 'unfix' the problem. So I am not going to do that unless I find a reason that it needs to be done. If anyone needs Phoenix AHCI put back in for some reason, let me know and I can provide an untested version of the ROM with Phoenix AHCI.

Anyway, again, this ROM is tested working as-is by me. It contains Intel Matrix Raid 8.7.0 and Intel Boot Agent 1.3.10. Cliffnotes: If you want an SSD in RAID mode on this PC then you need this BIOS (from my experience). RAID mode will improve performance even when not in RAID due to TRIM and NCQ support.

Note: You do not have to reinstall Windows to switch to RAID mode. Look for a free utility called RAIDFix. Run it, then reboot and change to RAID mode, and then go into Windows and install the latest Intel Rapid Storage drivers. You may need to fix your boot order after enabling RAID mode (and rebooting). Also note that RAIDFix does not FORCE you to use RAID mode. IDE mode will still work.


Attached Files
.bin   DellInspiron530-18-RAID87-IBA1310-NoAHCI.BIN (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 147)

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#2
Thanks!

Knowing that these Option roms CAN be updated will help with the following project:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-De...ng-Project

Check it out Smile

Admin
find
quote
#3
Nice... let me know what else I can do to help but I don't actually own the 530 so I can't do a whole lot of testing (and my friend wouldn't be happy if I/we bricked his computer, heh)

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)