Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 64
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424292
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3591
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224159
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119144
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 264
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6769
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61944
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 602
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20255
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169209
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6307
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 803
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5770
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61160

Dell Inspiron 530 With Phoenix AHCI v1.06.70 And Intel RAID For Sata v7.6.0.1011
#1
Update: To answer my questions, the BIOS does not automatically load the Intel AHCI module if I pull the Phoenix one out and put the Intel one in. It does not brick the board and, furthermore, my experience shows that the RAID BIOS still works fine without the AHCI BIOS, even with optical drives. I put a newer version of the Inspiron 530 BIOS up based on Dell's 1.0.18 BIOS and Intel Matrix Raid 8.7.0 for ICH9R. I recommend using that BIOS if it works for you. It has been tested working by me on my friend's machine. There is a different thread on this forum about that one.

Dell Inspiron 530. It has an Award BIOS but the AHCI module in it is an ISA module, Phoenix brand. Is it possible to rip that out and add Intel 1.20E? The chipset is G33/ICH9. There is no option in the BIOS for AHCI - just IDE and RAID, and it does use Intel RAID. Using Intel RAID activates both the Phoenix AHCI and the Intel RAID.

If nobody happens to know if switching the option ROMs will work, does anyone know if it would fail to boot (in IDE mode) if it doesn't like it? Like maybe the actual BIOS code has a reference to the Phoenix AHCI and I'd have to modify that (way over my head) and maybe it won't even boot if it can't find it? Even in IDE mode, it still somewhat activates, though only to the point where it says "AHCI BIOS not installed!"


Thanks

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#2
to make our job a little easier please can you provide us with a link to download the bios , saves us having to go finding it!

Thanks
Admin
find
quote
#3
Okay, well, here's what I did so far and it works (to anyone else with an Inspiron 530, feel free to use this): http://rapidshare.com/files/416028403/In...AID7.6.bin - 1.0.16-based because supposedly people have had problems with 1.0.18.

It has the latest Phoenix AHCI that I found, 1.06.70 (up from stock 1.03.50 or something) and Intel RAID 7.6. It seems to create an unknown device in device manager that says it's an IDE controller but with no drivers found and no useful hardware ID (it's just ACPI\FA0000 or something like that - my friend took the computer back so I'll have to ask him to give me a screenshot when he gets a chance). I got it to work with Intel RAID 7.6. 8.9+ don't work. Didn't try lower 8.x ones like 8.5. All of the SATA ports still work so whatever this thing in device manager is doesn't seem to cause a problem (and it might not even be the AHCI/RAID stuff, but it could be Daemon Tools or something too)

I am able to take the Phoenix AHCI out and put Intel in but I'm just worried about it messing stuff up if I do, so I haven't tried it.


Another question - cbrom says it has spiflash in it - is there a way that I can add an option to invoke it to do something like my Gigabyte board's QFlash? That way if I [censored] up the hard drive stuff, I can probably still flash it. I would have messed up my board (X58A-UD3R) last night if not for QFlash - whew!

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#4
Well done Dansolo , is it alright if i put this in the confirmed section then?

Admin
find
quote
#5
feel free

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#6
Heres a local mirror Smile , rapidshare can be awkward and delete things! Tongue

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Inspiron5...AID7.6.bin

Regards and Congratulations once again

Admin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)