Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3546
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 158
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223666
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119093
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 234
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6733
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309480
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61902
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 561
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20211
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169131
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6255
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 764
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5731
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61100
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274935
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 880

Dell N5010: trying to update microcode
#11
I found a guide to convert the 4/25/18 binary files back to the microcode.dat file and then extract the specific bin I needed so it looks like the one you uploaded with the 1/23/18 update.  The weird thing is that it still shows 6/28/13 as the date.  I've seen some headlines that Intel rolled back some of their updates because they weren't working well.  I wonder if that's what is going on here. 

Here is the link to the 4/25/18 file showing 6/28/13 as the microcode date.
find
quote
#12
Date of microcode's pack does not match to date of each individual microcode in it.
From Intel's site you can download only old microcode for CPUID=0x20655: version - 0x04, date - 06/28/2013.
find
quote
#13
Okay thank you.  I'm working off the file you pointed me to right now.  I still don't understand why MMTool 4.5 isn't showing me all of the microcode files in the bios. The one genius239 uploaded shows all of them for me, but not the original file from Dell.
find
quote
#14
MMTool 4.5 doesn't support microcode's volume with alignment. So it can see only first microcode in volume.
find
quote
#15
(06-17-2018, 02:10 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: MMTool 4.5 doesn't support microcode's volume with alignment. So it can see only first microcode in volume.

Oh okay, thank you.  Is there a better version I should be using?
find
quote
#16
I don't know any version of MMTool that can correctly patch microcode's volume with alignment for AMI Aptio 4.
Try to use UEFITool for manual patch.
find
quote
#17
(06-17-2018, 02:32 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: I don't know any version of MMTool that can correctly patch microcode's volume with alignment for AMI Aptio 4.
Try to use UEFITool for manual patch.

DeathBringer, I think I may have finally gotten it.  I couldn't get UEFITool to work either.  The Fit tab would either be missing or it would be grayed out.  

MC Extractor however was able to see all of the microcodes and give me their addresses and lengths.  I was able to see my CPUID had a size of 0X800 like you mentioned and it was located at offset 0x1A6060. 
[Image: 0wnmlyajvcxksclzg.jpg]


However the new microcode file you helped me find had a length of 0x1000.  I decided I don't really need microcode for 20650, so I zeroed out it's addresses in HxD and then replaced the old revision 2 microcode with the revision 6 microcode by pasting over it.  

After I saved and loaded it back into MC Extractor it is showing CPUID 20650 has been deleted and 20650 has been updated to revision 6 with a size of 0x1000. 

[Image: 6z8ueg3djqhtdkqzg.jpg]


This is the modified file. Does this look right to you?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b54vjq36pa...2.rom/file
find
quote
#18
I think it's OK.
find
quote
#19
It is giving me the ROMID is not compatible with existing bios ROMID. Think I'm okay to tell it to skip that check and flash anyway?
find
quote
#20
I decided [censored] it and went for it. I used an AFUDOS with the /GAN command and it worked!!!! Thank you for all of your help DeathBringer.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)