Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424312
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3594
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224194
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119152
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61948
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169215
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61165

Dell OptiPlex GX520 & GX620: CPU Upgrade to P4 and Pentium D
#81
OK. Try this:
◦Power off the system from the power button or the wall jack.
◦Disconnect the power cable from the wall jack and remove all the cables connected to the back of system tower including the power cable.
◦Press and hold the power button pressed for 30 seconds.
◦Connect the power cable, keyboard and monitor cable only.
◦Power on the system and see if it works.
find
quote
#82
I tried. no luck. I don't think that option is available on this dell pc Sad
find
quote
#83
I've found that Phoenix Tool can used for Dell BIOS. I've made BIOS mod. But I don't sure that it will work. On failure you'll receive a dead motherboard.
find
quote
#84
hmm i wonder if there is a bios recovery for this motherboard?
find
quote
#85
I don't know anything about bios recovery on GX520.
find
quote
#86
the short story is, It works!

Strange that when i first ran the update, windows refused to shut down. I turned off the PC manually and turned it back on. The PC had a blank screen and long beeps. I removed the CMOS and then restarted. It booted to windows and i ran the update again. This time it flashed the bios just fine.

I just tested it using a Pentium D 945. works fine with no incompatible processor screen!
find
quote
#87
Great news! Post new topic in Confirmed CPU Support Upgrades. And attach modded BIOS to topic.
I just change one byte in 0B_9.ROM module Smile
Original:
Code:
7FCD     jnz  short 7FE7
Modded:
Code:
7FCD     jnz  short 7FCF
find
quote
#88
I just shut off the system and pulled all of the plugs including the power plug and left it off for 10 minutes. Plugged everything back in and it tested fine!

DeathBringer, Thank you so much. I can't thank you enough! do you accept donations or anything?
find
quote
#89
Just post new topic in Confirmed CPU Support Upgrades with attached modded BIOS to topic. Smile
find
quote
#90
(11-16-2015, 02:09 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Great news! Post new topic in Confirmed CPU Support Upgrades. And attach modded BIOS to topic.
I just change one byte in 0B_9.ROM module Smile
Original:
Code:
7FCD jnz short 7FE7
Modded:
Code:
7FCD jnz short 7FCF


how did you change this? what tool do you use to change it? I dont see that option in phoenixtool.exe

will this work on another dell mb that has incompatible CPU boot errors but runs fine
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)