Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 68
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424312
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3594
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224194
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119152
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61948
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169215
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61165

Dell Optiplex 980 BIOS unlocking request
#1
Hello all BIOS Gurus,

I am facing a typical issue. I bought a Dell Optiplex 980 and I have 3 of these machines. While ordering, the sales rep never guided me that I would need to opt for Intel vPro and only then would I be able to access the Intel vPro menu by pressing Ctrl+P on Dell logo. Though I have Intel vPro enabled in my BIOS, it still does not take me to vPro menu even when I press Ctrl+P.

I have come to know that there is one way to unlock this, that is by putting the system bios in Manufacturer mode and then select option 1 or 2 for changing management mode. However, I dont know how to put the system BIOS in manufacturer mode.

The other way might be to unlock the BIOS to have the vPro BIOS enabled.

Please review and assist me on this issue. I would highly appreciate any assistance offered on this issue. I know ths is a very unusual request and may be first of its kind, but I have full faith in your expertise.

The link to download my BIOS is ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/O980-A08.EXE

find
quote
#2
your bios is a special dell bios which can`t be extracted from the exe and only able to extract the hdr file but have no idea how to mod these special dell bioses like yours .
i`m so sorry for this .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#3
(10-13-2011, 06:41 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: your bios is a special dell bios which can`t be extracted from the exe and only able to extract the hdr file but have no idea how to mod these special dell bioses like yours .
i`m so sorry for this .

I have been able to extract the .rom file from the exe using the command O980-A08.exe -writeromfile

Is that what might help?
find
quote
#4
No , its the same command i used but the file can't be modified as its special dell bios not standard phoenix .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#5
(10-15-2011, 11:04 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: No , its the same command i used but the file can't be modified as its special dell bios not standard phoenix .

Thanks a ton for looking into the issues that I am facing. Is there a way that I could extract the complete Flash from a Optiplex 980 which has everything working and put it on to my system? If yes, please guide me further.
find
quote
#6
The bios file can be extracted but i don`t knew the method for modifying these special dell bioses as its completely different from normal phoenix bioses .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)