Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6358
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14008
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 110
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424483
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 290
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224589
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 415
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309742
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61969
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169349
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 831

Dell Optiplex FX160 bios assistance
#1
Hi everyone.  I've got some Dell Optiplex FX160 nettops (Atom N330's) that I would like to use as headless appliances to run software that monitors equipment.  I went to set the AC Recovery to power on after AC loss but the Power Management menu is missing from the BIOS.  Some documents I found online say that various bios items may not be present depending on the computer and configuration.  I know that often times OEM's like to castrate their BIOS's.  So first things first I downloaded a bios update and it throws a cryptic error message.

OpenService ERR#00000424: ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

The event view logs the following:
\??\C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\FX160A13\MemMap.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

I re-downloaded the file and tried again.  Same result.  I'm using Win7 Pro x64 and Dell's site claims the bios update package is compatible.

I've been reading on this site about extracting the bios.  The /writeromfile doesn't work, it throws a parameters error.  /writehdrfile works and generates the HDR file.  My thinking here was that I could use a flashing tool to flash the bios since the executable tool isn't working for me.

Now I don't even know that flashing this is going to give me the power management menu I seek so rather than chase this too far I figured it best to seek the knowledge on this forum to set me down the right path.

From the reading I've done it's an AMI BIOS.  I've been in computers for my whole life and flashed many BIOS's but I can't say I know anything about modding them.  I'm certainly not opposed to getting my hands dirty though if someone is willing to provide a little guidance.

Much appreciated.
find
quote
#2
I was able to install the BIOS update by making a FreeDOS usb flash drive and executing from DOS. Also, I think the power management menu was there all along scrolled off the side of the screen. Yeah, it was a LONG day yesterday. Very long.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: