Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 43
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424269
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3570
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 234
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 264
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224053
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119142
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6751
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 365
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309598
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61928
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 580
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20234
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169188
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6306
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 781
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5748
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61158

Dell Studio 1558 BIOS problem
#1
Bug 
Dear all,
I have a problem and a moderately long story to go with it.
First off I got a malware/Trojan/virus/rootkit/............... that I could not get rid of even after trying multiple anti-virus rescue discs.
Even after wiping both my internal hard drives (SSHD and HDD) clean with random deletion, problem persisted in bios.
Now I must mention that I got blue screen in my original Win7 OS and after failing a few times it would not boot. Even Ubuntu failed to boot properly under these circumstances.
BIOS for some reason can not load the laptop screen and I am left with a blank default monitor. Connecting to external monitor lets me work perfectly for hours until I start a movie, at which point system fails with blue screen. Graphics is ATI Radeon 5470 HD moblie.
Even the DELL BIOS boot screen gets an overlay showing ASCII code in green. Now even that is gone and the screen remains completely black at all times.

I am absolutely sure nothing is wrong with the screen since I can complete the Power Button + D test (basic display diagnostic) everytime without any glitches. But running the 32bit diagnostic from within BIOS says EEPROM-EDID status failed which is my default display system. Plus there is the overlay which recedes for a few reboots when I use the Dr.Web Rescue iso.
Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Now I tried to flash BIOS but I am afraid something may go wrong so please suggest.
Help.
Thanks,
Antarix
find
quote
#2
Okay so I went through your phoenix flashing guide. When I unpacked the Dell A12 BIOS update utility using 7zip I get a folder called BDROM. Then what to do next, as I cannot find any file at 1024kb?
Please help.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)