Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424174
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223829
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309528
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

Dell XPS 15 L502X unlock
#1
Hi,

I would like my BIOS to be unlocked so I will have an option to switch between graphics cards (Intel HD and NVidia). This is an optimus laptop.

Here is the link to the BIOS:
L502X BIOS A06

Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#2
hi, I'm also interested about getting the l502x modded BIOS

about the wanted features, the one dxluong requested looks interesting, however, if also adding some extra menus like overclocking, voltages, fan speed, or any other options would be awesome.

I noticed the L501x BIOS has already been modded here:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-De...ng-request

I dont think it both laptops differs a lot , so I dont think modding this one will be hard for the one who modded the l501x.

thanks a lot in advance Smile
find
quote
#3
srry, I forgot to attach the screenshots ^^

[Image: bios1r.jpg]
[Image: bios2ui.jpg]
[Image: bios3p.jpg]
[Image: bios4l.jpg]
[Image: bios5.jpg]
find
quote
#4
not sure if someone still remember this topic Angel

well, the A07 version is out.

here is the link

Bios A07 + extracted stuff for testing

this package also contain extracted files such the bios1.wph file.

it is a phoenix/insyde bios
with tiano compresion I think.
help greatly apreciated.

I tried some stuff by myself but nothing worked and I'm dont have any knowledge about bios modding.

ppl already modded the bios of the gt525m card for another laptops,they posted the video bios there, I think it can be used on this one too, because I have the same graphic card too (GT525m)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4196795



thanks in advance
find
quote
#5
ok, I decided to try and do it by myself with the help of some forum members.
if someone is interested, I managed to modify the GPU voltages, unlock menus and more! ^^
more info & BIOS download here:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-xps...-more.html
find
quote
#6
I updated my BIOS from l502x_A05 to A10. Now the system does not restart or shutdown anywhere ( in Windows, Ubuntu, Mac OS x and even in BIOS setup ) instead the light remains turned on and I have to hold the power button to turn off. Hence I cant use Winflash in windows as it needs a restart to flash the bios.

so where can I find the Phoenix UEFI flash utility for DOS or commands for winflash to flash the bios without reboot?
find
quote
#7
srry for the late answer, didnt notice it.

did you tried the BIOS recovery CDrom wich can be found into the previous link I posted?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)