Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424253
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 232
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 168
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223996
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119116
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 363
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309584
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61916
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 578
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20230
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169181
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6281
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 778
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61133

E5-2699 V4 QHUP
#1
Hi, this is my first post. Sorry for the NOOB questions

Do I need a modded bios to solve this problem?  I hope I can be helped.


I have a Supermicrio X10SRH-CLN4F motheboard.
Bios Version 3.2
Build Date 11/22/2019
Aptio - America Megatrends, INC (2019)

My processor is a:
Xeon E5-2699 QHUP ES Broadwell-EP
Processor ID 406F0
Processos Frequency 2.1GHz
Processor Max RAtio 15H
Processor Min Ration 0CH
Microcode Revision 14

When I try to use this processor the MB gets me a lot of errors. Part of RAM memory not recognized, ESXI errors, ...

If I replace to another processor not ES all goes well.

What should I do to resolve this?

Supermicro support does not help with ES processors.

kind regards
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Have you other motherboard with support this ES CPU?
Have you a hardware programmer?
Try to flash BIOS version 2.0 - https://www.supermicro.com/Bios/softfile...H5_C17.ZIP
find
quote
#3
(05-14-2020, 03:07 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
Have you other motherboard with support this ES CPU?
Have you a hardware programmer?
Try to flash BIOS version 2.0 - https://www.supermicro.com/Bios/softfile...H5_C17.ZIP

Pls find screenshot of third tab of CPU-Z

I do not have another motherboard with support to this ES CPU. But I found a print of CPU specs from the vendor I got the processor.

I was told Asus X99 motherboard works ok with this processor.

BIOS version 2.0 did not work.

   

   

   

   


kind regards
find
quote
#4
BIOS 2.0 has support for this ES CPU - https://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench3/6875368
So I think that it's dead.
find
quote
#5
(05-18-2020, 02:23 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: BIOS 2.0 has support for this ES CPU - https://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench3/6875368
So I think that it's dead.

I think it's not supported. When I flash this BIOS 2.0 I get several errors and eventually Purple Screen of Death when running ESXI.

If I search this on google I get an information that BIOS should consider Required Microcode Patch Revision 0x0b00001a or later and I'm not sure if this BIOS 2.0 has it.
find
quote
#6
(05-20-2020, 07:46 AM)gelcom Wrote: If I search this on google I get an information that BIOS should consider Required Microcode Patch Revision 0x0b00001a or later and I'm not sure if this BIOS 2.0 has it.
0x0b00001a is intended for CPUID=0x0406F1. You have ES with CPUID=0x0406F0. This BIOS has lastest microcode for it - version 0x14.
find
quote
#7
(05-20-2020, 08:06 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 07:46 AM)gelcom Wrote: If I search this on google I get an information that BIOS should consider Required Microcode Patch Revision 0x0b00001a or later and I'm not sure if this BIOS 2.0 has it.
0x0b00001a is intended for CPUID=0x0406F1. You have ES with CPUID=0x0406F0. This BIOS has lastest microcode for it - version 0x14.

Thanks! Case closed!!!

I thought if I use a more updated BIOS version all microcode from previous versions should be there. Perhaps this is not the case as if I try any more recent BIOS version the processor gets unsupported.

kind regards
find
quote
#8
Tell me. Is this processor overclocked by raising the bus frequency? In the BIOS in the processor section, add + 0.5% clock overload. Will the frequency of the processor and memory rise? Upload spu-z screenshot. Thanks.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)