Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6415
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14046
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424572
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 329
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224894
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119211
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 301
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 443
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309842
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 660
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20321
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169443
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6393
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

FLASHING LAPTOP DELL INSPIRON 5323 13Z
#1
I been reading some of your threads and didn't make to work the flashing process. I just want to make to boot the motherboard because it stopped to work. It is a UEFI bios version called Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup.

First of all, i cant find the bios in WPH format. Im only have the original bios in exe format from:
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/e...erId=T4WJN

I've tried to extract it with 7 zip with no luck. I've executed the file itself and gave me a error 255 saying i need Administrator privileges ( and im running as administrator). Before i close the error dialog I can get a temporaly extracted file called: bios.cap.

Also tried the option /writeromfile and nothing happened.

I renamed bios.cap to BIOS.WPH and put it in a bootable USB along with minidos.sys and PHLASH16.exe

Finally, I didn't gain access to bios recovery mode in the laptop. I've removed the battery, and unplugged the ac cord. Hold down the End key,(also the FN+B keys, WIN+B keys, and FN +esc) and plugged the ac power and hit the power button with no luck to gain access.

Please, give me some directions. Any will be appreciated.
find
quote
#2
Dell laptops in these methods are not effective ....

User is not welcome on these forums after repeated abuse to site infrastructure and user base.  If you receive any unsolicited messages from a user account claiming to be "Oleh" or acting on behalf of Oleh, please disregard.
find
quote
#3
(03-16-2013, 08:33 AM)Oleh Wrote: Dell laptops in these methods are not effective ....

Update:

I was able to reflash from boot and get back to live my laptop.

First i used a phoenix bios recovery ( also called phoenix crisis recovery)

With that tool i created the booteable usb and obtained a usb with 3 files: phlash16.exe, bios.wph and minidos.sys

Then I downloaded from dell the exe file for my bios and ran it in a no phoenix bios pc. When i get the window of the sct phoenix program I checked in temp folders for a file called BIOS.cab. In my case it was the folder: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\ExtactTemp

I copied the BIOS.cab to the USB created before. ( I didn't erase the BIOS.WPH but i don´t know if I must).

Then I inserted the usb stick in the usb port of my laptop inspiron 5323 I've used the usb port that is alone in this case the one in the rigth side. The laptop is turned off.

This laptop has the battery inside of the laptop body so i didn´t take it out.

With the END key pressed I've connected the ac adapter and in that precise moment released the END key.

The fan started to spin and the bios recovery tool started to rewrite the bios.

Waited to the process finished and rebooted.

Finally my laptop started normally.

I hope this experience can help to any one like helped me.

Thaks for all who share your experience.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)