Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 105
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424450
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3619
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 281
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224509
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119170
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6787
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 407
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309718
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169314
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6350
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61201

GA-8I945PM Overclocking
#1
Hello guys,

I've been looking to overclock my E6700 processor. But it seems I do not have this option in my BIOS settings. This is the only site I could find who could actually help me out. This is the information of my MOBO and bios:

BIOS Type: Award
BIOS Date: November 24th 2006
BIOS ID: 11/24/2006-i945P-6A79TG09C-00-None
BIOS OEM: Intel I945P BIOS for 8I945PM V2q NF5 - V2q
Chipset: Intel 2770 rev 129
SuperIO: Unknown
Manufacturer: Packard Bell BV
Motherboard: GA-8I945PM


I've contacted Packard Bell and asked them for assistance but it seems they have no clue what I was talking about. I've attached a backup of my bios. And again the only thing I want is to be able to overclock. I also tried all CTRL combinations to "unlock" some hidden options, what that did not work either.

I would appreciate any help I could get. If it's eventually not possible could anybody then recommend a good motherboard that could allow to overclock the CPU I have ( Intel® Core™2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz).

Thanks in advance,
kemicza


Attached Files
.zip   AwardSoftwareInternational,Inc.-V2q.zip (Size: 336.75 KB / Downloads: 15)
find
quote
#2
I've been looking in the tutorial section and I've tried to enable any hidden settings with the tool called MODBIN6. I've enabled some stuff but one thing is not showing up in the bios even though it is visually enabled in MODBIN6. It's a tab called Maintenance.

I also use the tool @BIOS to rewrite the new bin, and it works perfectly within Windows 7 without booting into DOS or anything. So any idea how to actually unlock this Maintenance window?

Thanks in advance,
kemicza


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#3
I finally managed to do some overclocking. Not by editing the bios but by using a program called SetFSB. Obviously my board is not supported by I tried all the Clock Generators one by one and eventually the ICS951461BGLF seems to work up to around 3000MHz. I'm sure I could overclock it more, because the temperature is still relatively low around 28-31 Degrees.

I suppose the reason I can't go further is because there's not enough voltage? Could anybody help me with this, or perhaps find a way to unlock the bios settings regarding current/voltage.

Any help would be much appreciated
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)