Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 70
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424322
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3595
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 287
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224208
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119152
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6771
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309638
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61949
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20257
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169217
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6312
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 805
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5774
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61165

GA-8S649MF to support Pentium D.
#1
Some time ago this somewhat aged Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo P fell into my hands and now I thought I'd upgrade it a bit. I got a second-hand Pentium D 820 (SL8CP) to replace that original Celeron D. Chipset is supposed to support Pentium D's ( http://www.sis.com/products/sis649_features.htm ), but apparently Fujitsu didn't see it necessary to add support to BIOS. I tried with Win XP Home and XP x64 Pro. Neither saw but one core, but both were extremely unstable. Changeing HAL didn't help.

Now, can this be fixed? I attached the latest v. F6F BIOS for this board (named 649mf_fs.f6f) and a "donor", a BIOS from Foxconn 6497AA -series board (named 58EF1P12.BIN). Both seem to be Award BIOS's, though that .f6f seems odd. Had to dig that up from a .iso image which contained a .ima image. Sure hope to get it stuffed back in when the time comes Tongue


Attached Files
.zip   ScaleoP.zip (Size: 560.88 KB / Downloads: 21)
find
quote
#2
Try it at your own risk , i took all the microcode from the donor bios and inserted it into the Scaleo P bios Smile

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Fujitsu-S...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
No luck this time Sad

BIOS flash went OK and everything works as used to with Celeron D, but that Pentium D is still not recognised right and causes crashes. Though the processor is named right in Device Manager, only one core is showing. Just like before the mod.

Any more ideas what to try next?
find
quote
#4
Reinstall Windows. You have the HAL set for Uniprocessor. Reinstalling will give you multiprocessor HAL in Windows.

(03-07-2011, 03:05 AM)Shalafi Wrote: No luck this time Sad

BIOS flash went OK and everything works as used to with Celeron D, but that Pentium D is still not recognised right and causes crashes. Though the processor is named right in Device Manager, only one core is showing. Just like before the mod.

Any more ideas what to try next?

find
quote
#5
(03-07-2011, 11:32 PM)mockingbird Wrote: Reinstall Windows.

Oh, right Undecided Maybe subconsciously I was hoping I don't need to do that, again Smile But I'll try that in a couple of days. Have things to do before that.. Should I try to force multiproc. HAL in the beginning of installation? I think I saw instructions for that too. Though I'm not sure if XP Home has that option untill SP2. Installation media only includes SP1 and I'm not familiar with nLite..
find
quote
#6
(03-08-2011, 03:11 AM)Shalafi Wrote: Should I try to force multiproc. HAL in the beginning of installation? I think I saw instructions for that too. Though I'm not sure if XP Home has that option untill SP2. Installation media only includes SP1 and I'm not familiar with nLite..
No you don't need to force it, it will be automatically selected based on what it automatically detects.
quote
#7
(03-08-2011, 03:11 AM)Shalafi Wrote:
(03-07-2011, 11:32 PM)mockingbird Wrote: Reinstall Windows.

Oh, right Undecided Maybe subconsciously I was hoping I don't need to do that, again Smile But I'll try that in a couple of days. Have things to do before that.. Should I try to force multiproc. HAL in the beginning of installation? I think I saw instructions for that too. Though I'm not sure if XP Home has that option untill SP2. Installation media only includes SP1 and I'm not familiar with nLite..


Hi there!
I know, it has been long time scince the last post... would you be good enough to tell, if it was heldpful to refresh windows? Or did you find another solution?
Have exact the same problem.
Thank you in advance! :-)
find
quote
#8
Nope, never got that Pentium D working properly Sad Lately I sold that computer, so not able to do more tests. Sorry.
find
quote
#9
(06-10-2012, 03:27 PM)Shalafi Wrote: Nope, never got that Pentium D working properly Sad Lately I sold that computer, so not able to do more tests. Sorry.

Alright... :-(

Thank you very much for your attention! :-)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)