Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 811
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108108
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14373
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 252
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425698
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 541
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 335
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 728
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227793
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119731
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 629
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310655
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62241

[REQUEST] GA-MA790X-DS4: Phenom II Support
#1
Hi,

Would it be possible for someone update the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 F9 bios (found here: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Mothe...uctID=2695 ) to include support for the latest AMD C3 stepping processors?

From my limited knowledge of this, from what I can see what needs to be done is to update the AGESA from 3.5.3.0 to 3.5.3.1 and change the cpucode to include these latest processors - could these be found in the BIOS of a similar motherboard such as the GA-MA790X-UD3P F5 bios(found here http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Mothe...uctID=3107 )?.

I was going to have a try of this myself, but I really don't trust myself with this sort of stuff.

Also, my computer does have a backup chip.

Thanks a lot.
find
quote
#2
Well sir this is very good news to wake up to. Because you have a dual bios, here's the situation. I can upgrade the AGESA AMD versions with ease, but almost everyone on the web has had trouble extracting the NCPUCODE.BIN file that runs the microcode. While some bioses with an alternate microcode patch rom can be extracted, I am still working on the real ones. If you don't mind, I will try a series of bioses tat may fail, in hopes we can discover how to extract NCPUCODE.BIN.

Thanks,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
Hi,

I am still yet to receive the processor itself (Phenom II 965 BE 125W - has limited availiability at my store), and was considering cancelling it, but after seeing what you guys can do, I'll keep it. I should get it in the week or two, so I'll keep you posted.

Its good that I can be a guinea pig with my dual bios and all, so I can help contribute back to your community.

Thankyou very much.
find
quote
#4
Well, be sure to post back when you get it, sin te meanwhile I'll continue my research.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#5
(12-19-2009, 06:55 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Well, be sure to post back when you get it, sin te meanwhile I'll continue my research.

TheWiz

Well actually, it just occured to me that if I flashed the BIOS with the C3 processor in it, and the flash failed, it would revert back to a positively archaic secondary BIOS which wouldn't even support 45nm Phenom II processors. What I'm concerned about is if the motherboard can damage my new C3 CPU - I've seen examples of the CPU voltage reverting to 1.7 when the processor isnt supported, which obviously wouldn't be too good for it.

Now what I'm wondering is whether we can flash the bios with my current Phenom 9550 in it, and still determine if your microcode and AGESA works?

So am I right in saying that you are going to extract the microcode rom from another BIOS? If so, then surely if the extracted microcode works for my Phenom 9550, then wouldn't it work for the C3 as well?Huh
find
quote
#6
Well, why can't you flash both chips to the same version you are on now, so if something goes wrong they are at the same version. My goal and first step will be to just replace the AMD AGESA module. If that fails then we have some Hex work to do.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#7
(12-20-2009, 08:58 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Well, why can't you flash both chips to the same version you are on now, so if something goes wrong they are at the same version. My goal and first step will be to just replace the AMD AGESA module. If that fails then we have some Hex work to do.

TheWiz

Gigabyte doesn't let me replace the backup bios - it stays at F3(?) regardless. Sorry I didnt mention it before.
find
quote
#8
Here's what you have to do. Boot into DOS ready to flash with your computer as is, while DOS is on swap the second chip where the first should be and the first where the second should be, then flash the latest bios and restart, this should make sure you have both bioses at the same rev, given you know how to swa the bios chips. Tthere's how tos on http://biosman.com

TheWiz
www find
quote
#9
OK, well I can see that there are two bios chips on the board (thats good), but from what I can see they are soldered onto the board.
find
quote
#10
You can't just toggle between both chips in a DualBIOS setup. The backup one gets activated when the first fails. My modified board is the exception to this Wink
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)