Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6370
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424502
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224632
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309750
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169385
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

[GUIDANCE] HP635 LH415EA#ABD
#1
Hallo everyone!

I've been stalking these forums for a while now waiting to see a modded bios appear automagically, (yes,
I know that is uttermost weak and lazy!), but meh! I've decided to take matters into my own hands.

I have this sp55355.exe installed.
This is how the bios looks like.[Image: BIOS84dce.th.jpg]

Now I have started following donovan6000's guide to enable the advanced tabs of my bios but I am sorta stuck.

This is what I've been able to do so far:


- Found my setup's GUID to be
Code:
FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670

- Loaded FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670_359.ROM (as donovan6000 says, take the largest file from the matching modules)
[Image: 001ff68b.th.png]

- ran
Code:
Universal IFR Extractor.exe
and extracted my IFR strings, here:

Code:
http://pastebin.com/g8R0xf5J

or raw:
Code:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=g8R0xf5J

- using ida pro jumped to the offset for the advanced tab (0x11A00 according to the strings dumped)
now here [Image: 002bcf5c.th.png]
- This is the first ref:
[Image: 00410fc4.th.png]
- this is the second one:
[Image: 00359d0c.th.png]
- these are the xrefs to 0x11A00
[Image: xrefs0537e.th.png]

From here on, I can't seem to find the conditional jumps according to his guide.

This is my bios ROM:
bios.rom

I appreciate any help or a pointing in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Nice day

p.s. anyone venturing into doing something similar should have a usb drive ready xD already bricked mine 4 times haha

Thanks BDMaster for your recovery files Big Grin
find
quote
#2
I replied on PM !

HP 2000-219DX - HP 635 - HP 435 - CQ43 - CQ57

Here You go :

http://rghost.net/7vN6Pwv6f

let me know
Regrards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(06-24-2015, 05:43 AM)BDMaster Wrote: I replied on PM !

HP 2000-219DX - HP 635 - HP 435 - CQ43 - CQ57

Here You go :

http://rghost.net/7vN6Pwv6f

let me know
Regrards

Thank you for reply once again. Also thank you for your pm Big Grin

I guess I have one of those motherboards that are wicked Sad

I have so far done this:
  • Using the patched dll I tried the bios you sent in pm X brick/soft brick! Thanks for win+b
  • Using the patched dll I tried the bios I found from the forums by Camilomi X brick/soft brick! Thanks for win+b
  • Using the patched dll I tried a bios I patched X brick/soft brick! Thanks for win+b
  • Using the patched dll I downgraded to a bios < 42 so I couldn't get future "cannot downgrade" errors ✓ Works!!
  • WIN+B with any bios other than the original (yeah, I ran them through Andy's tool before copying them over to the USB drive) X Not possible. Numlock just flashes!!

I made backups right before flashing the any bios. So I have the working bios of my notebook.


Well, I guess I have to try harder hihi

Regards
find
quote
#4
You have two chances :

1. Get a Bios older than F.42 (11-2011 so Maddable theorycaly)
2. Use an SPI Programmer

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
(06-24-2015, 10:08 AM)BDMaster Wrote: You have two chances :

1. Get a Bios older than F.42 (11-2011 so Maddable theorycaly)
2. Use an SPI Programmer

Regards

Thanks again for your reply.

I can't get an SPI programmer. Don't even know where to start with that one.

What I can do is try a lower bios. Even if I get one that may work, I get stuck finding the
conditional jumps...I will post the other bios' once I'm home. Need to leave work now.

ttyl

regards!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)