Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424232
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 230
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223940
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119112
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169174
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6275
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61129

Gateway M-6882h menu unlock request
#1
Hello! Thanks so much for this great forum and the shared info... Smile

I'd like to request a menu/feature unlock for the Gateway M-6882h BIOS (Phoenix version 89.91.25).

Gateway offers this BIOS for the laptop: 89.91.24 , which appears to be an earlier version than what is currently loaded in the laptop.

Here is the BIOS backup of what's currently loaded: 89.91.25 .

Anything you're able to enable/unlock would be great. I'm also curious about what the real differences are between the .24 and .25 versions of the BIOS.

Thanks so much,

Therese
find
quote
#2
Hi,

The backup BIOS is missing platform data. It is useless without platform data. I don't know for sure the difference between .24 & .25 BIOS (because it is a lot) but both have the same BIOS setup menu. Look like only BIOS .24 is mod-able.

EDIT: The difference between .24 & .25 that I can guess by the module name are:-
- Boot Block
- Power management
- BIOS code (hardware registers)

Do you want me to mod BIOS .24 instead? You also can request a copy of BIOS .25 from manufacturer.

BTW, does your notebook have Intel Core 2 Duo T5800? Do you plan to upgrade the CPU anytime soon?

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#3
(09-20-2011, 06:53 AM)kizwan Wrote: Hi,

The backup BIOS is missing platform data. It is useless without platform data. I don't know for sure the difference between .24 & .25 BIOS (because it is a lot) but both have the same BIOS setup menu. Look like only BIOS .24 is mod-able.

EDIT: The difference between .24 & .25 that I can guess by the module name are:-
- Boot Block
- Power management
- BIOS code (hardware registers)

Do you want me to mod BIOS .24 instead? You also can request a copy of BIOS .25 from manufacturer.

BTW, does your notebook have Intel Core 2 Duo T5800? Do you plan to upgrade the CPU anytime soon?

I got in touch with Gateway; they don't have the .25 available to send me apparently. :/ Do you know if the platform data would be properly backed up if I were to use WinPhlash in DOS to backup the BIOS? If not, it'd be awesome if you could mod .24. Smile

The notebook does have a T5800. I wasn't planning on upgrading it really; if I were to try and upgrade anything it'd be the video card, but I'm pretty sure it's built-in.
find
quote
#4
The best way is stay away from backup BIOS. Please give me a couple of days to prepare the BIOS .24. I'll update here when I'm done.

I asked about the CPU because the chipset on Gateway M-6882H support CPU with Intel Dynamic Acceleration (IDA) but T5800 is not one of the CPU. I can unlocked the Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) in BIOS & combined with IDA capable CPU, you can enabled dual-IDA.

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#5
(09-20-2011, 07:05 PM)kizwan Wrote: I can unlocked the Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) in BIOS & combined with IDA capable CPU, you can enabled dual-IDA.

WOW, I am completely interested in upgrading the CPU now... Big Grin Thanks so much for the info and the help!

find
quote
#6
Sorry for the delay. I'm successfully modded the Gateway M-6882h BIOS .24. However, the M-6882h model is not listed in the "read_me.txt" file (Applicable Part Numbers) included in the BIOS_Gateway_89.91.24_A_A.zip (downloaded from Gateway support website - in "BIOS" tab). The M-6882h does listed in the same page, in the "Support Documents" tab. I recommend before flashing this modified BIOS, please ask Gateway support whether the original BIOS .24 in the Gateway support website does compatible for your model or not. If compatible, then you can proceed.

This is the modified BIOS for Gateway M-6882h. It's based on BIOS 89.91.24. Use at your own risk! Please provide feedback if you use this modified BIOS.
Gateway M-6882h BIOS 89.91.24 MOD.rar
(MD5: AE65B1D9A71B94EE2926B9A59B95192B)

Changes:-
  1. Unlocked hidden sub-menus
  2. Unlocked Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) - for enabling dual-IDA mode using ThrottleStop with supported CPU

[Image: GatewayM-6882hBIOS899124MOD1.jpg]
[Image: GatewayM-6882hBIOS899124MOD2.jpg]
[Image: GatewayM-6882hBIOS899124MOD3.jpg]

Quote:NOTES: I have unlocked other menu as well. Please be careful with it. If your computer doesn't boot after changing something in the sub-menu, you will need to disconnect the CMOS/RTC battery to reset CMOS back to default. To do so, you will need to open your notebook casing.
Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. Smile

If you use my modified BIOS image & you like it, please consider making a donation. Thank you very much. Smile
Donate Here
find
quote
#7
WOW!! Thank you so much! I'm going to try to load this up ASAP, just want to back up the system again first. I'll let you know how it goes! Smile
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)