Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6406
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14042
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424555
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3655
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 343
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224804
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119206
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6817
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 438
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309822
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62002
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 656
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20315
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169431
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6387
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 862

HELP Compaq Pesario CQ56 219WM SLIC and Unlock Request
#1
Information 
I have a Compaq Pesario CQ56 219WM that I would like to completely re-partition and format HDD and install my own version OS. Currently I cant do squat except use the disk provided. So, I would love it if someone could SLIC and if possible unlock this notebooks bios for me please. Smile

RWEverything - http://www.mediafire.com/?2oxywe45518e04d
Bios Download - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp51501-52000/sp51936.exe

The bios in an EXE and when I extract it I dont know which is the bios file. LMK if thats a prob.

And link incase u need any further info on the bios - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-91817-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=4063&product=5048730&sw_lang=

Thanks in advance and I love what you guys do for people Smile
find
quote
#2
I dont know much about this so any help would be great. Thanks
find
quote
#3
(05-24-2011, 11:10 PM)phOkaz Wrote: I dont know much about this so any help would be great. Thanks

you are lucky
judging by your RWEverything slic 2.1 is already present
otherwise all the bios from HP has a beginning in the title 01xxx have a new compression method and is not currently subject to unpacking
find
quote
#4
(05-24-2011, 11:30 PM)555LE Wrote:
(05-24-2011, 11:10 PM)phOkaz Wrote: I dont know much about this so any help would be great. Thanks

you are lucky
judging by your RWEverything slic 2.1 is already present
otherwise all the bios from HP has a beginning in the title 01xxx have a new compression method and is not currently subject to unpacking

Well I still cannot install Win7 Ult. and I cannot get rid of the original HP partition with the backup system crap. So i think something is locking me out and I dont know what it is.

find
quote
#5
(05-24-2011, 11:30 PM)555LE Wrote:
(05-24-2011, 11:10 PM)phOkaz Wrote: I dont know much about this so any help would be great. Thanks

you are lucky
judging by your RWEverything slic 2.1 is already present
otherwise all the bios from HP has a beginning in the title 01xxx have a new compression method and is not currently subject to unpacking

If I have the latest SLIC then why can I not perform the tasks I want, cant install Win7 Ult, and cant get rip of compaq's factory partition?
find
quote
#6
(05-26-2011, 04:06 PM)phOkaz Wrote: If I have the latest SLIC then why can I not perform the tasks I want, cant install Win7 Ult, and cant get rip of compaq's factory partition?
if you create RWEverything you have already installed Loader
in AcpiTbls.rw Slick will be visible from Loader
unpack your bios is not possible at this time
find
quote
#7
I am assuming that this is the bios file :

http://download258.mediafire.com/p25f0xo...1605F14.fd

As it is the only file in the pack that is not a .dll .log .exe .txt or .sys

But is what everyone is saying that the bios cant be unlocked or modded etc. ?

find
quote
#8
Hola?

find
quote
#9
(05-27-2011, 06:40 PM)phOkaz Wrote: I am assuming that this is the bios file :

http://download258.mediafire.com/p25f0xo...1605F14.fd

As it is the only file in the pack that is not a .dll .log .exe .txt or .sys

But is what everyone is saying that the bios cant be unlocked or modded etc. ?

The .FD file is BIOS file and cannot be unpacked.
Compaq Presario CQ56 219WM provided with Windows 7 Home and sure that its BIOS file came with SLIC 2.1
If SLIC table in your system locked/hiden, you can unhide it. See this link: http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/9055-SLP-Marker-File-Update-Utility?p=131386&viewfull=1#post131386
find
quote
#10
This BIOS is stock SLIC'ed and semi UEFI'ed, so it is not as easy as it seems to mod/unlock/tune it. I tried just to change the HDD with a 500Gb and it first won't even boot! I had to recreate all the original partitions and copy the old content of the recovery to get it booting again and to be able to install Win7 deleting all partitions during install... This is what I call hard-coded-protection!
Since installation it is rebooting and/or bluescreening twice a week to twice an hour when I deactivate the UEFI-loader provided at HP...
I hope you could solve the "brother/mother-problem" by yourself as this thread is older than a year...

Sometimes you just have to try to be sure it is not working...
[Image: logo.png]
I am back in here as I promised! Big Grin So tell me your needs!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)