Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 33
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424241
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3565
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 231
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 167
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223963
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119114
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6748
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 361
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309563
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61909
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 574
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20229
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169177
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6277
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 777
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61130

[HELP] v3-571-6850 Acer Aspire BIOS CHIP Location?
#1
Exclamation 
Hello everyone,

Long story short: I've messed up hard. I usb flashed to unlock the bios (from this site - worked perfectly). I then played with the graphic settings in the bios... yep - bricked. Extremely stupid of me.
I've also just purchased a ram upgrade of 16gb ddr3 - that's why I thought I could up the graphic memory. Didn't know acer is a jerk and this would happen. Now I either buy a new motherboard for 229$ here: 
https://laptopparts.ca/products/new-genu...h-la-7912p 

OR fix it - I want to fix it.

Tried the flash usb - flash this flash that. No luck.

I know that there's a bios chip flash service on this site. Now I need to know... where do I locate the sucker? 

I've already carefully and properly disassembled my laptop - attached some photos:
   

Model (Sorry kind of blurry):
   

Please help me; I'm a poor student and I've just spend an arm and a leg on my new ram. I don't want it to go to waste.  Confused
find
quote
#2
Also here is the data sheet for my laptop: Acer Aspire V3-571-6850

https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2012/487...A.017.html
find
quote
#3
(02-20-2018, 06:43 PM)johnnehk Wrote: Also here is the data sheet for my laptop: Acer Aspire V3-571-6850
need a better quality photo
P.S. I think to the left of memory
find
quote
#4
This motherboard has two chips for BIOS: one (labelled U36) for ME region, other (U42) - for BIOS region.
U36 is located under WiFi, U42 - on other side of motherboard near e∩e chip
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)