Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424163
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3557
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 217
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 164
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223804
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119101
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6740
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309517
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61905
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 568
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20221
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169154
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6266
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 770
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5738
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61115
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274951

HP 6730b, no microcode for intel P9700 processor
#1
Hello !

Please if someone could add this Intel processor P9700 CPUID 1067A (SLGQS) into a HP 6730b bios (for me looks just like an early release of HP UEFI graphical bios interface):

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : HP EliteBook 6730b
-Bios Revision : Ver F_20 (08 Dec 2011)
-Bios Type : Insyde
-Bios SLIC : 2.1 (included by manufacturer)
-Bios Link : https://we.tl/t-pdlCMpzreS

I have the ,,lnsider_Bl0S_TooIs-master,, package files, but none of the utilities included won't open the bin file (saying it's not an InsydeH2O bios file).
Only with PhoenixTools I can open it, it says it's a EFI/Insyde BIOS, I get a DUMP folder but... from there without a tutorial I'm in complete fog.

Thank you in advance, I hope it can be done somehow.

I buyed the processor from eBay without checking first that the board will take it. Notebook starts, but no display, and after 4-5seconds will shutdown by itself.
find
quote
#2
(07-21-2020, 09:56 AM)ahappyuser Wrote: Only with PhoenixTools I can open it, it says it's a EFI/Insyde BIOS, I get a DUMP folder but... from there without a tutorial I'm in complete fog.

Hello!
Install "UBU" to update microcodes automaticly or get the GUID's of location.
find
quote
#3
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
P.S. It isn't microcode issue.
find
quote
#4
   
(07-21-2020, 12:33 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z with supported CPU.
P.S. It isn't microcode issue.

This is the screenshot of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#5
Bad news. This revision of chipset (NB) can't be identified by software methods.
Disassemble your laptop, remove the heatsink, clean NB and make a photo of it.
find
quote
#6
(07-21-2020, 12:47 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Bad news. This revision of chipset (NB) can't be identified by software methods.
Disassemble your laptop, remove the heatsink, clean NB and make a photo of it.

The laptop is already half-naked (sorry for my English) i.e without keyboard and palmrest.
I will search on the Internet for a schematic of the motherboard to correctly identify the NB, then I will make a photo of it and post in this thread.

Thank you for trying to help me on this matter.
find
quote
#7
NB (north bridge) is a chip between CPU socket and memory slot.
find
quote
#8
Hello,

First, I'm sorry for this very long delay, but sometimes bad things happen.

So, this is a picture with the chipset :


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#9
   
Today I went to a friend who have an Acer Aspire 7736ZG with DDR3 memory (this laptop it's newer than mine) and after putting the P9700 into its socket, the laptop would not start, staying with no image on-screen, like it's waiting for something. It won't shutdown either. So I returned to home to see what CPU microcode was in that Acer bios. After running Intel's intelmicrocodelist.exe utility, this were the results I got for the Acer and HP bios files. I believe the microcode in the Acer bios is OLD, because the P9700 processor was launched on June 2009 (this I saw it on CPU-World site, on the P9700 microprocessor spec page). So I guess that I have to update the Acer bios file to include a newer microcode for 1067A CPU's family and then make a second attempt with my P9700 CPU. I like to mention that when the P9700 CPU was on power in the Acer laptop it was mild-hot, somehow like it's getting some voltage... but it won't start working.
find
quote
#10
OK. It's GE45 with support of FSB=1066 Mhz.
Make a good photo of your P9700.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)