Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424181
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3562
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223861
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119106
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6742
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 357
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309537
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 570
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20225
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169164
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6269
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 773
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61121
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

HP AMD SP65062 F.31
#1
Hello all,

I just bought this refurbished laptop, "HP Pavilion 17-e189nr Notebook PC."

It has Win8.1 installed on it. I suppose the BIOS is UEFI. I don't know much else and what I have been able to read about the BIOS is not very conclusive to me.

I have found that the BIOS is F.31 and the file is SP65062.exe

It is here;
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65062.exe

I have ordered a AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11AC WiFi card. I presume that it will be whitelisted.

Has anyone removed the whitelist in this BIOS and unlocked any hidden menu's ? My search was inconclusive. What can you tell me about it and about modding it ?

Thanks
Fuzz
find
quote
#2
(06-24-2014, 10:07 PM)Fuzzyjets Wrote: Hello all,

I just bought this refurbished laptop, "HP Pavilion 17-e189nr Notebook PC."

It has Win8.1 installed on it. I suppose the BIOS is UEFI. I don't know much else and what I have been able to read about the BIOS is not very conclusive to me.

I have found that the BIOS is F.31 and the file is SP65062.exe

It is here;
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65062.exe

I have ordered a AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB 802.11AC WiFi card. I presume that it will be whitelisted.

Has anyone removed the whitelist in this BIOS and unlocked any hidden menu's ? My search was inconclusive. What can you tell me about it and about modding it ?

Thanks
Fuzz

It ìs an sp6xxxx so ask to Donovan6000 He is doing new Mods for this kind of Bioses and He is looking for users who want to experiment !
for me sp6 is not moddable yet but Donovan said to be near solution !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
@ BDMaster,
I asked donovan6000 and he says not yet....

I went here..
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Im...ned-bioses

Ref the above link, I down loaded and extracted my SP65062 and noticed one file is 01xx.bin and one is 02xx.bin Both are the same size, the 02xx is older...??

Do you think that the 02xx file may be RSA unlocked ? I sent donovan the same qustion.

Fuzz
find
quote
#4
All of the initial information posted by camiloml here is based on a handful of old RSA bios, and just about all of it is inaccurate. The naming of the roms has nothing to do with encryption. I choose to leave those threads how they are out of respect for camiloml. Both BDMaster and I can decrypt any HP rom, even the newer ones that Andy's Phoenix tool can't. Actually there is never an encrypted rom flashed onto your computer because InsydeFlash.exe decrypts to rom before flashing it. The problem occurs because both the PEI and DXE of the UEFI are verified everytime your computer starts up. This prevents those things from being modified since the computer will brick if they faiil the verification process. The initial RSA bios released around 2011 did not have these signature checks, which is why they are moddable. However all RSA bios after this contain the checks, and they've been unmoddable for 3 years now.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)