Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14006
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424480
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3624
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 288
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224571
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6791
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 411
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309737
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 829
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

HP DV6-2001AU Bricked
#1
Hi Camilo and the BIOS Gods

Please save me.. I was tinkering with my wifes DV6. She was complaining about it being slow, so I bought an Intel SSD and installed it. Transferred the OS last week, etc and everything was going fine.

Yesterday I put the old HD in and booted to take some backups. Booted with the WinPE disk, checked something, and shutdown. Next when I tried to boot I got the black screen and double flashing Caps lock problem. I went through many forums here, and tried reflashing my BIOS. I loaded the 3635.BIN, ROM, and FD files on a pendrive and did the Win+B boot thing. It started reading the pendrive, beeped 11 times in quick succession, then seven more times more slowly - about 30Seconds in total. After that, however it did not shutdown but just hung. I shutdown and tried to start it up but the same black screen and double flashing caps lock. I tried loading different versions of the BIOS, F12, F04, F03, but the same problem each time. It looks like its loading the BIOS but unable to finish writing it or something like that...

Please let me know:
1. Whether I can find out if its some other problem (not BIOS)
2. Is there some modded bios or some bios for DV7 or other DV6 model that I can load?
3. Maybe the RTC battery is dead? If i replace the battery will the BIOS load..?

In the doghouse right now..
find
quote
#2
Hi People

Just to update and and close of this thread. I tried flashing and reflashing the bios many many times, with the same result. Took it to a local repair shop, they checked it up and found that a "bga" chip was blown. (I have no idea what a bga chip is). They took a week, but replaced the bga chip - charged me around Rs 5000 which is approximately USD 100. The system works good now, although I had to re-validate the windows 7 license (by typing in the product key from the sticker under the laptop) after booting - I'm not sure if the hardware signature changed because of what they did.
The laptop also seems to be running much cooler now. Of course its blazing fast because of the SSD.

My wife is speaking to me again...
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)