Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167437
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71425
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6605
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22106
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41051
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 114
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317339
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 487
» Views: 101143
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2530
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 349
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55365
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64150
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4109
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 155
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52246
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 247
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 156
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 141

HP EliteBook 8460p bricked
Hello,

I was updating this system's BIOS (using the common windows installer from HP) when the system rebooted unexpectedly and didn't come up again.

Actually after turning on the caps/lock LED blinks and after a few seconds the system fan turns to full speed. Display is totally black.
I did a lot of research on this blinking issue - result is always the same: hardware failure --> send to HP.
But I'm sure that the hardware itself is ok (RAM replaced in both memory slots, removed wwan card, removed wlan card).

Is there a way to flash BIOS using a USB stick? I read some posts about extracting files from HP bios & press Windows+B while turning on.

Thanks for replies in advance!

Regards,

mohei
find
Hallo!

Guess, since it is already a year a go, that u got it sorted, but anyway... I was in kinda same situation couple months ago... I purchased USB chip programmer! I have exactly this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/CH341A-2...76447.html together with this chip seat: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SOIC8-SO...80887.html

Then I simply dismantled the laptop, took out the mobo, desoldered the chip, clipped into the flasher... then put all back together and voila! Not 

Maybe you might have tried that... Should you have questions regarding the software or anything at all, feel free to ask.

Cheers
find
Hi GeorgettaCZ,

Looking at the solution you offered to the member with the bricked HP, I was wondering if your solution could be applied to an HP 450 g2 with a BIOS that prevents booting to hard drive.

Thanks in advance

JumboJet
find
Well, fisrt of all I would try to disconnect all the power sources, including the CMOS battery an leave it for couple minutes. Then I would start only on the AC adapter, no batteries. If the Caps blink persists with black screen and FAN full RPM, I would create the recovery USB and try either Win+B or all-four-arrows trick when turning on the laptop. Use one of them USB 2.0 on the RIGHT, not those on the left (by adapter jack). Come with results. It this did not work, the only way might be to desolder the BIOS chip and flash it manually. No worries, this technology is known and proved many times by many folks here. Its easy and its cheap, 3-5 USD max. plus waiting tome for the flasher to arrive.

Looking for your answer!

Good luck

Hackintosh High Sierra in HP 8570p, Intel® Core™ i7-3540M, 8GB@1600MHz, AMD 7650M 1GB, 1600x900, 128GB Apple SSD with SATA adapter, 500GB WD Black HDD.

find
(09-19-2018, 09:10 AM)GeorgettaCZ Wrote: Well, fisrt of all I would try to disconnect all the power sources, including the CMOS battery an leave it for couple minutes. Then I would start only on the AC adapter, no batteries. If the Caps blink persists with black screen and FAN full RPM, I would create the recovery USB and try either Win+B or all-four-arrows trick when turning on the laptop. Use one of them USB 2.0 on the RIGHT, not those on the left (by adapter jack). Come with results. It this did not work, the only way might be to desolder the BIOS chip and flash it manually. No worries, this technology is known and proved many times by many folks here. Its easy and its cheap, 3-5 USD max. plus waiting tome for the flasher to arrive.

Looking for your answer!

Good luck

Thank you for your leads. I will explore them. The Win+B combination did not work when I tried it 2days ago.

Thank you,

Jumbojet
find
(09-19-2018, 08:53 AM)JumboJet Wrote: Hi GeorgettaCZ,

Looking at the solution you offered to the member with the bricked HP, I was wondering if your solution could be applied to an HP 450 g2 with a BIOS that prevents booting to hard drive.

Thanks in advance

JumboJet

Hallo Jumbo!

According to my experience (23 years of IT support business and thousands of fixed laptops - I am certified HP service man for all the IT portfolio of HP, Dell, Lenovo)...it does not really matter if its Acer or HP or Fujitsu... The principals of the BIOS and EC is always the same. It only got more complex and vulnerable as well...

Yes, I am convinced that most of the problems that are not solvable by the USB stick and a key combo trick, are still solvable by "manual" flashing...

BUT! If you are still able to access BIOS but are not able to boot from a SATA0 device...a hard drive or SSD... I still might not be an issue with the BIOS it self. Motherboards' SATA controller, failed HDD surface, bad settings in the BIOS... mostly security settings (EFI...GPT...SecureBoot...)

450 G2 already have an UEFI-enabled BIOS. There are multiple reasons for why you are not able to boot...

Tell me more about your HW config, BIOS settings... so I'll be able to guess and suggest...

Regards

GeorgettaCZ

Hackintosh High Sierra in HP 8570p, Intel® Core™ i7-3540M, 8GB@1600MHz, AMD 7650M 1GB, 1600x900, 128GB Apple SSD with SATA adapter, 500GB WD Black HDD.

find

(09-19-2018, 12:59 PM)GeorgettaCZ Wrote:

Looking at the solution you offered to the member with the bricked HP, I was wondering if your solution could be applied to an HP ProBook 450 G2 with a BIOS that prevents booting to hard drive.

Thanks in advance

JumboJet

Hallo Jumbo!

According to my experience (23 years of IT support business and thousands of fixed laptops - I am certified HP service man for all the IT portfolio of HP, Dell, Lenovo)...it does not really matter if its Acer or HP or Fujitsu... The principals of the BIOS and EC is always the same. It only got more complex and vulnerable as well...

Yes, I am convinced that most of the problems that are not solvable by the USB stick and a key combo trick, are still solvable by "manual" flashing...

BUT! If you are still able to access BIOS but are not able to boot from a SATA0 device...a hard drive or SSD... I still might not be an issue with the BIOS it self. Motherboards' SATA controller, failed HDD surface, bad settings in the BIOS... mostly security settings (EFI...GPT...SecureBoot...)

450 G2 already have an UEFI-enabled BIOS. There are multiple reasons for why you are not able to boot...

Tell me more about your HW config, BIOS settings... so I'll be able to guess and suggest...

Regards

GeorgettaCZ

Hi GeorgettaCZ,

I bought a used HP ProBook 450 G2 with a locked BIOS(password forgotten). I had read a lot of posts and watched YouTube videos with several solutions but the solutions appear to work on older model HP ProBook laptops and not on this one.

When I switch on, I see the black screen.
 I cannot boot to the hard drive whatsover, as the bios is locked.

The other attached pics show all that I can access. I have swapped the HDrv with another one, but no difference. The rest of the hardware seems fine when you run the checks.

I hope that gives you an idea of the laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Jumbojet.
find
(09-19-2018, 05:49 PM)JumboJet Wrote:
(09-19-2018, 12:59 PM)GeorgettaCZ Wrote:

Looking at the solution you offered to the member with the bricked HP, I was wondering if your solution could be applied to an HP ProBook 450 G2 with a BIOS that prevents booting to hard drive.

Thanks in advance

JumboJet

Hallo Jumbo!

Regards

GeorgettaCZ

Hi GeorgettaCZ,

I bought a used HP ProBook 450 G2 with a locked BIOS(password forgotten). I had read a lot of posts and watched YouTube videos with several solutions but the solutions appear to work on older model HP ProBook laptops and not on this one.

When I switch on, I see the black screen.
 I cannot boot to the hard drive whatsover, as the bios is locked.

The other attached pics show all that I can access. I have swapped the HDrv with another one, but no difference. The rest of the hardware seems fine when you run the checks.

I hope that gives you an idea of the laptop.

Thanks in advance.

Jumbojet.
Hallo Jumbo.

I can see that despite the locked bios you can still chose F9 to change the boot drive. But I understand that locked bios is frustrating and irritating as well as limiting for settings.

If it was mine, I would desolder the chip, clip it in the USB flasher and erase/clean it with zeroes and then flash the data back in. Rumor has it that the bios password is in some newer models stored in a different chip than the bios itself. On the other hand, I had my friends' HP 4510s couple your ago, bios locked/password unknown. I bought a second hand broken mobo from the same model, replaced the bios chips and everything was fine. Anyway, the USB flasher is worth to have at home. It's cheap and it works!

Regards
find
(09-19-2018, 12:59 PM)Hi GeorgettaCZ CZReading to your answer and looking at your experience I wonder if you can help me with the following issue.I have an HP Elitebook 8460p that every time it boots, it goes to the BIOS setup menu. I can skip it pressing ESC and then ENTER to boot normally but every time it restarts, it goes to the BIOS menu, unless I skip it...I have investigated a lot and tried many things (updating BIOS, changing security options, setting admin password, checking HW, reinstalled Win10, etc) but nothing worked. Do you know what else could be?Thanks a lot in advance for any idea to solve itHernán Wrote:

Thanks in advance

JumboJet

Hallo Jumbo!

Regards

GeorgettaCZ
find