Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424195
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223901
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309547
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169168
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6272
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5742
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61123

HP Pavilion A530n
#1
I recently acquired one of these boxes from a friend of mine, and naturally since I find the OEM BIOS on it to be rather limited, I would love to have an unlocked BIOS. Big Grin

Anyhow, the motherboard it has is an Asus K8N8X-LA PES, also known as "Diablo".

Here's a link to the latest BIOS update for it: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp26001-26500/sp26386.exe

Thanks in advance! Big Grin
find
quote
#2
Hi there,

According to AMIBCP there are no hidden options that are mapped. There are however strings that indicate there are some hidden under the surface. I will need to take a look at this in the hext editor and see if I can pull any into the mapping.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
I'm back. I decided to pull this machine out and install Ubuntu 12.04 on it. So far it works fine, except for the fact that it won't reboot properly, which I am assuming has something to do with power management settings. It has problems with the audio too, but I don't think that a bios modification would fix that. Does the bios have any hidden power management settings?

Sorry for the necropost btw. Tongue
find
quote
#4
Do you have any previous version of this AMI Bios?
I am interested in legacy versions compatible with K8N8X-LA motherboard (HP a530n)
I have the latest version 3.11 and caused problems. see this link if you want details:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Ope...95#M101099
find
quote
#5
Anyhow, the motherboard it has is an Asus K8N8X-LA PES, also known as "Diablo".




___________________
FIFA 15 Coins
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)