Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1810
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6428
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14058
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424598
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3665
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 355
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224981
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119223
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6824
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 450
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309861
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62015
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20329
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169465
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6406

HP dv2164eu unlock -- sata problem -- Wistron 30b5 mobo
#1
Hi there,

I recently upgraded the HD on my HP dv2164eu -- Wistron mobo 30b5. The drive works fine as I was able to install Linux on it via an USB dock station, but once reseated inside the laptop it gives frequent boot failures. It looks like the SATA controller has troubles with it -- the BIOS quick HD test fails always, though every now and then I can boot it and it runs fine (apart from SMART sometimes reporting wrong info) . Someone reported a similar issue and a possible solution by tweaking some SATA option ("native" or not), so here I come and ask if there's any unlocked BIOS for my laptop based on this original one:

BIOS F.3D: <ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp43501-44000/sp43666.exe>

I've seen an old post about the same sp43666 package, though the links to the modded BIOS are dead.

Further info about my mobo are in the attached file 'dmidecode.out'

I can provide any practical help/info related to Linux, should that be needed :-)

Cheers,

^s

find
quote
#2
can you give me please the link to the thread which you found the dead link in it !
if i found that i haven`t got the modded bios , i will mod it for you to unhide all sata options .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#3
(09-30-2011, 01:40 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: can you give me please the link to the thread which you found the dead link in it !
if i found that i haven`t got the modded bios , i will mod it for you to unhide all sata options .

This is the post...
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-hp...eless-card
with dead (not found) link http://www.sendspace.com/file/7tqucb.

Thanks for looking into it!

^s
find
quote
#4
yes , the link is dead .
i will modify it for you but i can`t remove the whitelist check .
i will unlock all hidden options and add slic2.1 ............ please upload the rw report if you want to add the slic2.1 .


"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Smile
find
quote
#5
Hi, no prob for SLIC & whitelist: I run Linux, so I couldn't care the less -- window$ runs in VirtualBox whenever i need it ;-)
I just need to see if I can change my SATA configuration.
--
^s
find
quote
#6
Hi Ahmed, sorry I was away for a while. Did I forget anything? You mentioned updating a rw report... er, what's that?
I'm not impatient anyway :-)
Cheers,
^s
find
quote
#7
How To Create An RW Everything Report

Download and Install RWEverything from one of the following links:

Here or Here

Open RWEverything.

After RWEverything Opens, click ACCESS - ACPI Tables.

When ACPI Tables opens, click anywhere within the ACPI Window.

Now click CONTROL + F2 to save the entire table.

Save this Report to the desktop WITHOUT CHANGING THE NAME and either attach this file to your post or upload it to one of the following:

Here, Here or Here.

find
quote
#8
Hi there,
Here I am... better later than never ;-)
I dumped the requested info in 'AcpiTbls.rw.txt' (had to add a .txt extension 'cause the system complained about unacceptable attachment...).
Since I was at it, I put all possible HW info (from both Win32 and Linux) in 'hwinfo-wistron-30b5.zip'.
Cheers,
^s


Attached Files
.zip   hwinfo-wistron-30b5.zip (Size: 82.27 KB / Downloads: 10)
.txt   AcpiTbls.rw.txt (Size: 132.2 KB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#9
Hi,
Could anyone please confirm that the info I posted in my previous message is OK for doing the job? In the meanwhile I had my HDD replaced under warranty and the new one is failing the same way, so there's definitely something wrong with the BIOS...
Cheers,
^s
find
quote
#10
ping!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)