Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424136
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223758
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119096
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309504
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169142
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61108
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

HP dv7-4280us Semi-bricked
#1
Good evening,

I'm having some issues with my laptop. I performed a flash to an unlocked BIOS today (sp55299_AdvancedMenu_ByCamiloml.exe), and it worked fine initially.

After I changed a setting (Graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU), the system rebooted and hasn't been able to POST since. The power light is on, audio and wifi LEDs are orange, and no other lights come on, nor is there any video or backlights.

I've tried every fix I could find, but nothing seems to work. I've even tried Camiloml's flash drive with HP's BIOS files to recover, but with the Windows+B method, the flash drive comes on, blinks a few times, and turns off.

Any ideas?
find
quote
#2
(03-13-2013, 08:38 PM)Turaiel Wrote: Good evening,

I'm having some issues with my laptop. I performed a flash to an unlocked BIOS today (sp55299_AdvancedMenu_ByCamiloml.exe), and it worked fine initially.

After I changed a setting (Graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU), the system rebooted and hasn't been able to POST since. The power light is on, audio and wifi LEDs are orange, and no other lights come on, nor is there any video or backlights.

I've tried every fix I could find, but nothing seems to work. I've even tried Camiloml's flash drive with HP's BIOS files to recover, but with the Windows+B method, the flash drive comes on, blinks a few times, and turns off.

Any ideas?

I've found solution for you, yesterday I had finished recovering of my HP Pavilion dv7-4120er (XE276EA) after switching graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU. Please let me know in a reply if you still need to recover your BIOS
find
quote
#3
(02-25-2014, 01:13 PM)slackshot Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 08:38 PM)Turaiel Wrote: Good evening,

I'm having some issues with my laptop. I performed a flash to an unlocked BIOS today (sp55299_AdvancedMenu_ByCamiloml.exe), and it worked fine initially.

After I changed a setting (Graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU), the system rebooted and hasn't been able to POST since. The power light is on, audio and wifi LEDs are orange, and no other lights come on, nor is there any video or backlights.

I've tried every fix I could find, but nothing seems to work. I've even tried Camiloml's flash drive with HP's BIOS files to recover, but with the Windows+B method, the flash drive comes on, blinks a few times, and turns off.

Any ideas?

I've found solution for you, yesterday I had finished recovering of my HP Pavilion dv7-4120er (XE276EA) after switching graphics mode from Hybrid to dGPU. Please let me know in a reply if you still need to recover your BIOS

I wound up recovering the BIOS last year by taking the chip off the board and writing it manually.

Thanks for the offer though!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)