Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
Yesterday 03:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 56
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
Yesterday 11:25 AM
» Views: 73
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
Yesterday 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69430
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
Yesterday 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1324
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70433
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11131
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36920
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 544795
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10738
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4224
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 119
[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 15 R3 BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: jason.exe
04-21-2024 03:44 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 171
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
04-21-2024 12:54 AM
» Views: 169
lenovo e595 20nf bios spw unlock
Last Post: vsteez
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
» Views: 164
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: victorgbrmrr
04-20-2024 01:17 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 177
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
04-20-2024 07:24 AM
» Replies: 1973
» Views: 660153
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MAVARACOMPLEX
04-20-2024 03:23 AM
» Replies: 121
» Views: 22224
[REQUEST] - ACER ASPIRE 2012 BIOS with U...
Last Post: Aspire
04-20-2024 03:21 AM
» Views: 135
[WORKING] Asus P8Z77-V: NVMe BOOT Suppor...
Last Post: 0nlythebest
04-19-2024 08:35 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 22955

Help Flashing AMI Bios with Programmer
(04-28-2019, 12:56 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Ahh, that sounds much more reasonable price then Big Grin

Since you used that AFU that has /GAN, it's possible it wasn't AFU/GAN caused that, or it still may be for other reasons (I hate AFU, due to stuff like this, only use it as a dead last resort because there is usually at least 1-2 other better options)

I see changes at Logo module, another unknown GUID under that, and 100's of changes at vBIOS module/orom, and many 100's of changes at another orom too.  So either you made some other changes and forgot to mention, or that version of AMIBCP messes up this BIOS on save always, or just happened to glitch that time (hard to know there?)

All the changes you made with AMIBCP, settings-wise, went in correctly, that file is fine (AMITSE>>SetupData submodule), all these others I mentioned above are below this module, so if you didn't change any of those, it's possible that it glitched on rebuild and messed up several modules, or would always do that with this BIOS (I'd have to make some changes on a test copy and test/compare again, will do now)  I get same/same with 0023 or 0031 (Both those edits match, so version doesn't matter)  This may be OK, and it may have just been bad flash at random, or AFU/GAN Fail, hard to know without more testing.

Aside from that BIOS looks OK to me, and this differences I see could all be due to rebuild/normal.  It could be random bad flash, always happen with AFU/GAN on this model/BIOS, or could be any AMIBCP edit will cause it to fail and any edits would need to be done without AMIBCP, only more tests and flashing would figure it out for us

Hey

The new computer arrived today. I managed to get the data off the bios chip and flashed to my other computer’s chip – it worked (after a few seconds delay) it started loading. I then modified the bios using AMIBCP 5.02.0031, and reflashed – it loaded, but when I checked the options in the bios, they aren’t there. I have the options changed to USER; do I need to change them to something else?

Any ideas? Smile

Attached is the bios from my new computer, and the one I’ve modified using AMIBCP.

Thanks again.

Attached Files
.zip   bios_from_other_computer.zip (Size: 3.02 MB / Downloads: 11)
.zip   bios_modified.zip (Size: 3.02 MB / Downloads: 9)
find
First, do you need any serials, UUID, LAN MAC ID etc, put into the new BIOS for your older system, or is all that OK Now as is and you don't care (And LAN is working)?

Unlocked BIOS sometimes needs many different edits, I'll have to check and let you know. For now, please include a zipped package of all your main BIOS pages, you don't have to go into all the submenus, I just need to see one of each page (Main, Boot, Advanced, exit etc)

Do you only want visible the things you changed with AMIBCP, or were you just testing? I see you made some changes inside "Chipset" but you did not set User or Supervisor on the root of Setup for chipset to enable chipset menu itself. On User/Super, you need to see for what you see on the main page of BIOS for User Access level, if User shows there use User, if Admin shows there use Supervisor.
find
(04-30-2019, 05:28 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: First, do you need any serials, UUID, LAN MAC ID etc, put into the new BIOS for your older system, or is all that OK Now as is and you don't care (And LAN is working)?

Unlocked BIOS sometimes needs many different edits, I'll have to check and let you know.  For now, please include a zipped package of all your main BIOS pages, you don't have to go into all the submenus, I just need to see one of each page (Main, Boot, Advanced, exit etc)

Do you only want visible the things you changed with AMIBCP, or were you just testing?  I see you made some changes inside "Chipset" but you did not set User or Supervisor on the root of Setup for chipset to enable chipset menu itself.  On User/Super, you need to see for what you see on the main page of BIOS for User Access level, if User shows there use User, if Admin shows there use Supervisor.

Excellent. Changing it to Supervisor did the trick. Reflashed, and everything works. Haven't tested the LAN ports (its just using a wireless m-pcie card), but it would be good to have any ids included, as there seems to be some power issues.

The computer doesn’t seem to restart on its own, the power cord has to be unplugged and replugged in order for the computer to start. It also takes a few seconds before it triggers. To turn it on, it has to be turned on at the power button, then unplugged and replugged. It seems to then boot after a few seconds.

I tried flashing the bios through the afuwin tool to the latest version, but that didn’t seem to resolve the issue, and kind of made it worse. Unplugging and replugging only sometimes worked. Flashing the original backup doesn’t resolve the issue either.

It might be the missing serials/ ids.

Attached are photos of the pages of the bios, if they're still needed. Took them before changing the options to Supervisor.

And attached is a copy of the modified bios.

Thank you Smile

Attached Files
.zip   photos_of_bios.zip (Size: 634.22 KB / Downloads: 4)
.zip   bios_modified2.zip (Size: 3.02 MB / Downloads: 5)
find
The power issue sounds like possibly Intel ME FW issue.
Can you see TXE/ME FW version in BIOS main page, or does it show N/A or 0.0.0.0 instead? If not, enable that in AMIBCP, then check again, if you see N/A or 0.0.0.0 instead of version 1.1.0.1113 then the ME FW is corrupted. I can fix it for you, but best we check this is the issue first. Does this now happen on both systems using this same BIOS?

Serials and other ID"s wont affect anything like the issues you mentioned, I'm sure we can fix though.

I only needed images of the BIOS if you needed me to unlock it, if you got everything you wanted visible now then no need for me to do anything there.
find
(05-01-2019, 02:47 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: The power issue sounds like possibly Intel ME FW issue.  
Can you see TXE/ME FW version in BIOS main page, or does it show N/A or 0.0.0.0 instead?  If not, enable that in AMIBCP, then check again, if you see N/A or 0.0.0.0 instead of version 1.1.0.1113 then the ME FW is corrupted.  I can fix it for you, but best we check this is the issue first.  Does this now happen on both systems using this same BIOS?

Serials and other ID"s wont affect anything like the issues you mentioned, I'm sure we can fix though.

I only needed images of the BIOS if you needed me to unlock it, if you got everything you wanted visible now then no need for me to do anything there.

Hey

There wasn’t any information like that displayed in the main section in the bios. I enabled 'TXE Information' and 'TXE FW Version', by changing it to Supervisor. Reflashed, and in the bios they were listed – but the TXE FW Version is N/A.

I have attached a photo. Would getting another copy of the bios from the other computer help? The other computer doesn't have any issues. Was it a bad read for the ME FW to be corrupted?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Okay, I have read and saved the bios from the other computer again, using my programmer. I have checked it, re-read multiple times and verified quite a few times, so it should be fine. I then flashed it to my computer (unmodified) and verified a few times, and its behaving in the same way. Need to pull the plug in and out, then in approx 10 seconds it boots.

Attached is a unmodified new read of the bios on my other computer.

Attached Files
.zip   bios_new4.zip (Size: 3.02 MB / Downloads: 9)
find
Thanks for the image, this means TXE ME FW is corrupted.

What does the TXE ME FW show as on your other computer that IS working properly? Are both of these exact same systems?
How did you "Flash" this to your problem system? You usually cant "Flash ME" and this especially can only be done a few ways once it's corrupted, either via programmer or FPT (if FD is unlocked, and or ME Re-Flash is enabled -this disables ME FW even when it's working so never change and leave enabled).

I will fix ME, please wait, I am asking someone about the message I sent you a PM about, he'll know way to check default original choice
Once I know I will send you fixed BIOS!
find
Do you have an original dump of this BIOS with programmer, before you programmed anything from the other system to it? If yes, send me that.

* Edit - Here, this has ME FW updated to latest version, all AMIBCP edits you did previously, and FD unlocked. So once you program this in, you can FPT flash BIOS region edits only after that if you want, so you don't have to use programmer anymore.

Flash BIOS region only >> FPTw.exe -bios -f file.bin
Dump BIOS region only (To mod then reflash) >> FPTw.exe -bios -d dump.bin

This should fix the ME and startup/powerdown issues, program in with your programmer.
TXE ME FW (Corrupted) 1.1.0.1113 (4-28-2014) >> Updated to >> 1.2.1.1161 (10-19-2015 - Latest)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9539593236

After programming this, you must reset ME State. Do this by removing the power pack cable from the back of the system, remove the main battery, and if you can easily also remove the CMOS Battery. Then press and hold the power on button to drain any remaining power for 10 seconds, then let the system sit completely powerless for 1+ Full minute.

Or, you can also boot to DOS and FPT reset this, or from windows FPT, using this command (If you don't want to do that power drain dance above)
FPTw.exe -greset (Windows) / FPT.exe -greset (DOS)

If, after all this, still ME = N/A, please find the TXEInfoWin at TXEInfo\WIN32 folder and run the following in a command prompt and show me the output in full.

TXEInfoWin.exe -verbose
find
(05-02-2019, 10:35 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Do you have an original dump of this BIOS with programmer, before you programmed anything from the other system to it?  If yes, send me that.

* Edit - Here, this has ME FW updated to latest version, all AMIBCP edits you did previously, and FD unlocked.  So once you program this in, you can FPT flash BIOS region edits only after that if you want, so you don't have to use programmer anymore.

Flash BIOS region only >> FPTw.exe -bios -f file.bin
Dump BIOS region only (To mod then reflash) >> FPTw.exe -bios -d dump.bin

This should fix the ME and startup/powerdown issues, program in with your programmer.
TXE ME FW (Corrupted) 1.1.0.1113 (4-28-2014) >> Updated to >> 1.2.1.1161 (10-19-2015 - Latest)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9539593236

After programming this, you must reset ME State.  Do this by removing the power pack cable from the back of the system, remove the main battery, and if you can easily also remove the CMOS Battery.  Then press and hold the power on button to drain any remaining power for 10 seconds, then let the system sit completely powerless for 1+ Full minute.

Or, you can also boot to DOS and FPT reset this, or from windows FPT, using this command (If you don't want to do that power drain dance above)
FPTw.exe -greset (Windows) / FPT.exe -greset (DOS)

If, after all this, still ME = N/A, please find the TXEInfoWin at TXEInfo\WIN32 folder and run the following in a command prompt and show me the output in full.

TXEInfoWin.exe -verbose

Legend!!! Thank you so much. It now works perfectly, and boots without the delay Big Grin I think it starts faster than it did before the issue. I checked the Get-ME-Version tool, and it displays the new version. And the MAC addresses (for the LAN ports) now match the stickers on the board. Thanks for that. And thank you enabling the features in the BIOS. Smile Smile Smile
find
Sweet! Glad all is fixed now, and working better than before even, you can't beat that! Big Grin
If you want rest of BIOS options visible, edit same way as you did before, for stuff that's hidden from you now.
find