Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:41 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 16
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Today 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 25892
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Yesterday 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Yesterday 03:23 PM
» Views: 83
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6104
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Yesterday 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219911
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Yesterday 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 151
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Yesterday 08:28 AM
» Views: 128
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98393
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 23994
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 323802
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 992
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 284
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542018
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 237
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 206
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656420
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20434
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: alvaro8905
04-13-2024 05:25 PM
» Replies: 673
» Views: 163548

Help, Laptop is Bricked !
Exclamation 
So I picked up a Toshiba laptop, and was going to modify it. Toshiba Satellite C850, model PSCBWC-05700J

I've done tons of hardware upgrades and Windows reinstalls, so I thought it would be easy as all the others I've done.

Wanted to upgrade from a Celeron B830 to a Core i3 2370M, but apparently Toshiba has something in the BIOS that shuts down the computer after 1/2 hour of runtime with a processor that is not approved, even if the socket/chipset/wattage/voltage is all same/same. (read this on several forums)

SO, I downloaded a modded BIOS that apparently unlocks two hidden screens, hoping that there might be some options in there for processor support.

I haven't got the new processor yet, I was just wanting to unlock those additional BIOS screens now, and have a look in them to see what options there were.

The Celeron B830 is still installed and was working fine.

Ran the modded BIOS, ANNND, now it's bricked. Angry

The standard BIOS download from Toshiba is an .exe file, and must be run from within Windows. Grrrr.

Here is the Toshiba downloads page for my specific laptop.
http://support.toshiba.ca/support/isg/ce...BWC-05600J

the correct BIOS for my unit is listed under the DRIVERS tab.

It uses the InsydeBIOS v6.80, which was installed and working great before the bricking.

Apparently, one can recover InsydeBIOS via USB stick and fancy keystrokes, so.....

I tried looking for ways to extract the BIOS files from the .exe, and I used a universal extractor program, got the .FD files out, tried loading them to a USB stick, and powered on the laptop while pressing the windows key and B.

nothing. nada. Tried renaming the .FD files various things as suggested elsewhere, BIOS.FD, [model].FD, and on and on. No joy.

This is my first experience with a bad BIOS flash, and I'm completely lost.

Can anyone help???

Please?

If I can just get it working again, I'll scrap the idea of the CPU upgrade and just use it as-is.
find
Put here a link to original bios and modded one to give a look in it !
I don't know the Toshiba Recovery mode, but I can extract te right bios file and get the right recovery bios file name.
So if do you want help give your help !
regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
Thank you BDmaster.

Original factory BIOS:
http://support.toshiba.ca/support/isg/dr...80-WIN.exe

I'm trying to find the modded one I used, but cannot locate it right now.

I had a link saved on the laptop in my browser, but now..... well you know.

I'm posting from my desktop and cannot seem to locate the modded file.

I don't want to use it anyhow, I just want to go back to the normal, working V6.80 BIOS from the Toshiba Canada site, and figure out how to do this VIA USB.
find
You have posted too here :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...post881858

I think that We cannot use Recovery mode for this laptop, but I guess to undersatnd that Bios is locked and Win8 or Win7 don't start as is looking for a missing driver.
Can You explain detailed what is happened and how You proceded into the bios update ?
Then I will that You download this USB live :

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7283D5E6E7183EBC271CF729F059D2849D8B0EF2&dn=hiren+s+boot+dvd+15+2+restored+edition+1+1+january+2013&tr=udp://tracker.istole.it:80/announce&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337

It's a torrent 2.8 Gb so it would take a while, then We have to try to boot in Win7 live mode to use original Bios update file exe.
So download it, prepare USB Live which start easy and try to boot from it choice Win7 (there is WinXP also) and pray it will work, so We can run the updater.
let me know
regards

[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
find
What I did was download a modified BIOS and proceeded with the flash. Computer was working perfectly before that.

After flashing, the computer restarted, and I get nothing. Just the power light comes on, and either the DVD drive or the hard drive spins for a second, then stops. Then, it just sits there, quiet and black.

I will try the Win7 USB Live, I do have Utorrent on my desktop, so will see if that works.

Thank you for the suggestions and guidance. I will report back.
find
(03-05-2014, 01:05 PM)robbiem Wrote: What I did was download a modified BIOS and proceeded with the flash. Computer was working perfectly before that.

After flashing, the computer restarted, and I get nothing. Just the power light comes on, and either the DVD drive or the hard drive spins for a second, then stops. Then, it just sits there, quiet and black.

I will try the Win7 USB Live, I do have Utorrent on my desktop, so will see if that works.

Thank you for the suggestions and guidance. I will report back.

If it works You are lucky guy !
this is a mini Win7 complete of all necessary DLLs to works well I used to run many progs and I got those fine running, so We have to hope !
regards

find
I created the Win7 LIVE USB stick, tested it in my desktop, and it booted to both XP and WIN7 no problem.

Put it in the laptop, nothing. Light on the USB drive flashed once, a little noise from the CD drive, and that was it.

I also tried the DVD of the Mini WIN7 and the disc spins up, but nothing on the screen.

Tried every combination of keys, holding them down, tapping them, WIN + B, Cntrl + ESC, etc etc.

Same result every time.

So I guess I get to pay the $150 for the new BIOS chip replacement. Yay.

Good thing I just got a raise March 1st, I know where it's going this month.......
find
(03-05-2014, 10:30 PM)robbiem Wrote: I created the Win7 LIVE USB stick, tested it in my desktop, and it booted to both XP and WIN7 no problem.

Put it in the laptop, nothing. Light on the USB drive flashed once, a little noise from the CD drive, and that was it.

I also tried the DVD of the Mini WIN7 and the disc spins up, but nothing on the screen.

Tried every combination of keys, holding them down, tapping them, WIN + B, Cntrl + ESC, etc etc.

Same result every time.

Good thing I just got a raise March 1st, I know where it's going this month.......

I don't follow all your explanation, pleae coudl You detailing it.

If the win7 live worked, ahve You copied into on desktop or in USB other place original bios update file ?
And when Win7 is started on Desktop have You launced updater for bios ?
Waht happened then ?
All of this is useful to understand and help other users !
regards

find
(03-05-2014, 10:30 PM)robbiem Wrote: I created the Win7 LIVE USB stick, tested it in my desktop, and it booted to both XP and WIN7 no problem.

Same result every time.

you're not trying the right name

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...ASAP/page2

find
Hello
i tried to unlock my bios then the worst thing happened, when i run the laptop it shows nothing just black screen
for more here

please can any one tell me what to do ?
find