Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 57
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 121
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221880
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118878
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 151
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6634
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308899
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61707
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 444
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20086
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168763
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6119
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 654
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5613
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60903
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274792
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24730

Help recovering Acer Aspire 4750G BIOS
#1
Laptop: Acer Aspire 4750G with Phoenix BIOS
My BIOS has issue where it won't go further 80% progress/load bar (basically won't boot) since I installed Windows.
I cannot enter Setup or Boot menu. Pressing F2 makes usual speaker beep but stuck at Please wait at same 80% progress bar.
I reset CMOS battery, still same issue.

So I want to crisis recover this BIOS. I used WinFlash on my PC to get the BIOS fd and wdh files. here is how it looks
05/12/2025  01:50 AM    <DIR>          .
05/12/2025  01:51 AM    <DIR>          ..
05/12/2025  12:42 AM        4,194,304 BIOS1.WPH
05/12/2025  12:42 AM          514,728 environment.dll
05/12/2025  12:42 AM        2,752,512 FvRecovery.fd
05/12/2025  12:42 AM            1,088 OemSlp20.efi
05/12/2025  12:42 AM            8,672 Slp20.pfae
05/12/2025  12:42 AM            86,301 winflash.chm
05/12/2025  12:42 AM          576,168 WinFlash.exe
05/12/2025  12:42 AM              142 WINFLASH.INI
05/12/2025  01:50 AM              870 WINFLASH.LOG
05/12/2025  12:42 AM            21,160 WinFlash.sys
05/12/2025  12:42 AM            23,720 WinFlash64.sys
05/12/2025  12:42 AM          137,896 WinFlashUI.dll
              12 File(s)      8,317,561 bytes
I think my key combo to enter crisis mode is Fn+Esc then power button. When in this combo the screen stays off but there is power button and fan noise and no HDD led. Just in case I unplug HDD+SSD.
I copy over BIOS1.wph only - nothing, laptop stuck at black screen with NO BLINKING LED
I copy over FvRecovery.fd - nothing , laptop stuck at black screen with NO BLINKING LED
I copy over BIOS1.wph and rename it to BIOS.wph - nothing , laptop stuck at black screen with NO BLINKING LED
I copy over BIOS1.wph and FvReovery.wph then rename both to BIOS.wph and BIOS.fd - nothing , laptop stuck at black screen with NO BLINKING LED
BIOS.wph + BIOS.fd + WinFlash.exe + WinFlash.sys - nothing , laptop stuck at black screen with NO BLINKING LED
I use wincrisis.1.0.0.4. BIOS-Mod instructions are weird. It asks me to plug in 2GB usb then press start, but that's not possible. It simply gives me error to select a project file or place a BIOS.WPH or BIOS.ROM + PLATFORM.BIN. I copy BIOS.WPH file to wincrisis.1.0.0.4, it works but still laptop stuck at black screen with no blinking led.

Note: I have no battery plugged. I plug usb first, then hold Fn+Esc, then while holding plug in AC plug then while holding Fn+Esc press power button. It stuck at black screen with no blinking led. Until few minute it shuts down regardless of how i format my usb or even not plug in. Turn it on and laptop boots up to same bad bios behavior - stuck at 80%

Possible Reason for BIOS issue: My BIOS is hybrid - it's legacy but can boot EFI. I was using Arch linux as EFI on SSD. then today I installed Windows on another HDD as EFI. When Windows installed, since then my BIOS was stuck at 80% progress and won't boot any OS or go BIOS Setup even after removing all hard disk. I'm guessing the boot menu is overloaded by EFI OS. Since I had 2 other linux distro installed in past, even after clean format of SSD they still show on Boot menu. maybe the final windows install overloaded it? i dont know.

please help me anyone on how to fix it. Original ACER BIOS link. I'm sorry I can't find support section so I'm posting on unlock section. sorry in advance.
find
quote
#2
hi bro, is there any progress? I have encoutered the same problem.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)