Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6400
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14036
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3639
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 341
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224748
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119202
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6813
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 436
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309803
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 654
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20312
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169421
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6383
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 859

How to recover Dell Inspiron n5010 from failed BIOS update?
#1
I replaced a hard drive in a Dell Inspiron n5010 Notebook PC and installed Windows 10 Pro, after that I installed Dell Support Assistant and checked for latest driver updates! Dell Support Assitant suggested that I update the BIOS, so I proceeded!

The laptop screen went dead and after about an hour I removed the power source and battery since the laptop wasn't responding and wouldn't turn off even if I hold in the power button! Now when I turn the laptop on it doesn't POST and beeps every few seconds continually!

I've read the following:
"Had this happen to a Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop during a routine BIOS upgrade from A09 to A15. Once you have the two BIOS files (ROM and HDR), you need to initiate recovery mode. Yes, I am aware that this thread is 6 years old, but am posting anyway to increase the chances of someone else finding the help they needed. It took a lot of digging on the web to find the solution.


Anyway, to initiate BIOS recovery mode on the Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop, do the following:

  1. Format a USB flash drive to FAT (not FAT32), and place the two BIOS files on it.

  2. Remove the battery and disconnect power from the laptop.

  3. Plug your USB flash drive with the BIOS files into the laptop.

  4. Hold down the [End] key, and plug the power back in. The laptop should automatically power on.

  5. You should notice it's no longer beeping. After a couple seconds, the BIOS recovery screen should appear. Follow the prompts to reflash the BIOS.
    "

from --> https://www.wimsbios.com/forum/notebook-...tml#p56085 <-- but I'm not quite sure how to proceed!

I've copied the .rom and .hdr file extracted from the vA15 BIOS and copied to a FAT formatted flash drive, then I remove power source from the laptop and hold down the END key as mentioned above and the laptop does power on automatically, the laptop remains quiet from a few seconds as if it is attempting to locate recovery ROM and then starts beeping again!

Can I burn the .rom and .hdr to a CD? Should I rename these files?

Please, I need this laptop running again without replacing the system board!
find
quote
#2
I found the solution to my problem here --> https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/solved-re...and-ihasz/ <--
find
quote
#3
(12-04-2018, 01:53 PM)ArthurDurand Wrote: I found the solution to my problem here --> https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/solved-re...and-ihasz/ <--

However, after recovery ethernet doesn't show up in device manager!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)