Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN515-56 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 07:25 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 873
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 03:52 AM
» Replies: 1972
» Views: 661287
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
Yesterday 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 122
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
Yesterday 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55147
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
Yesterday 06:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 129
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 106
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 123
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69592
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
04-23-2024 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70569
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11164
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 37000
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 545590
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10790
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 559
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4249
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 15 R3 BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: jason.exe
04-21-2024 03:44 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 187
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
04-21-2024 12:54 AM
» Views: 199
lenovo e595 20nf bios spw unlock
Last Post: vsteez
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
» Views: 188

I Need to Unlock Phoenix BIOS - Need You Gurus Help
I want to unlock my BIOS to reveal hidden settings on my Gateway M210 laptop. My BIOS is Phoenix. Below is my BIOS info.

BIOS Version: Phoenix W320.F08
Date: 6/6/2005

I would greatly appreciate your help.
find
Hello koolx,

I am having difficulties finding am official BIOS update for your computer.

If I am unable to find an official (and trusted) BIOS update for your computer, there is a method of creating a flashable BIOS image. This involves taking platform data from another official BIOS image from a notebook in the same series and with the same chipset as your own.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(09-13-2014, 04:51 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello koolx,

I am having difficulties finding am official BIOS update for your computer.

If I am unable to find an official (and trusted) BIOS update for your computer, there is a method of creating a flashable BIOS image. This involves taking platform data from another official BIOS image from a notebook in the same series and with the same chipset as your own.

Thank you Steven. I would appreciate all your help you can offer. Thank you and I await your response.
find
Hello koolx,

For now, could you create a BIOS backup please?

To perform a BIOS backup, follow the following
:

1.) Download Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit. Your Anti-Virus software may flag this as malware, but I assure you that it is 100% safe. This is the program that I used to backup my own notebook's BIOS. If your Anti-Virus program flags this program, you may need to disable it for a few minutes.

2.) Run UniversalBiosBackup.exe as administrator.

3.) Click "Read." This command will read the data from your BIOS chip.

4.) When the Read command is finished, click "Backup." This command will write your BIOS file to wherever you launched UniversalBiosBackup.exe from.

5.) Upload the BIOS file to this thread.

Let me know if you need any help along the way.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(09-13-2014, 05:06 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello koolx,

For now, could you create a BIOS backup please?

Hey Steven. Just to let you know, there's something wrong with your link. But I was still able to download the BIOS file from elsewhere. I was able to make a backup.

So attached is the BIOS Backup file. Please take a look. I'm looking forward to the next step!

Thanks Steven.
find
Hi, Steven (SML). In my other thread, you had requested that I make a backup of my BIOS. But I never heard from you. Hope I'm not bothering you. Attached is my BIOS backup as you requested. Please let me know the next steps. Thank you.
find
Hello koolx,

Thank you. I will see if I can create a flashable BIOS image from this backup.

The reason for the delays is that I have been busy lately. Your BIOS mod also requires a bit more work than the standard mod as I have to find a compatible BIOS image to "borrow" platform data from.

I realize that you have been waiting for this for a while, so I will try to shift my bios-mods priorities towards your mod.

~Steven

www find
(09-16-2014, 11:48 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello koolx,

Thank you. I will see if I can create a flashable BIOS image from this backup.

The reason for the delays is that I have been busy lately. Your BIOS mod also requires a bit more work than the standard mod as I have to find a compatible BIOS image to "borrow" platform data from.

I realize that you have been waiting for this for a while, so I will try to shift my bios-mods priorities towards your mod.

~Steven

Thanks Steven. I realize that you got a life ouitside this forum. Nonetheless, I still forward to the mod and please dont rush. Looking forward to your next response.
find
Hello koolx,

I have good news and bad news...

Good news: Here is a picture of what is available in your BIOS (there could be more, but I have not checked that far yet):    

Bad news: Finding a perfectly compatible notebook model (same notebook series and same chipset) that has an official BIOS update released from a trusted site is proving to be very difficult. Also, PBE (used for emulating compatible BIOS images) is reporting PCI Routing Table errors. Since this is a BIOS backup, I do not know if I can trust what PBE says or not. I cannot verify the image to be safe. I will never release a BIOS mod that I am unsure about, regardless of what that happens to be. This is for the safety of potential BIOS flashers.

But not all hope is lost... There is a way that you can change most of your hidden BIOS settings without even entering the BIOS menu or flashing a modified BIOS image. You can modify the CMOS NVRAM registers that control the settings. I have done this with my notebook. You would use symcmos to do this. Please post a reply if you are interested.

Your BIOS image had more settings than are normally expected to be in a small 512KB BIOS, but this does not mean that there are a lot of things that you can change. The menus are still somewhat empty compared to normal BIOSes.

www find
Sml6397 Wrote:There is a way that you can change most of your hidden BIOS settings without even entering the BIOS menu or flashing a modified BIOS image. You can modify the CMOS NVRAM registers that control the settings.

Hi Steven. Yes I am very interested in modifying it throught the CMOS NVRAM registers. Please let me know how to do this. Thank you so much Steven.

------- EDIT -------
I attached an updated file. Discard the last one I uploaded. Appreciate it.
find