Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309748
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

I lost SLIC table in Acer Aspire One 725
#1
Hello All,

I downladed a bios update from Acer website for my netbook. However after the update, I lost the OEM windows activation info from the bios. I would like to get it back. Is it possible?

Model name : Acer Aspire One 725--884
Old firmware version - I didn't note it down.
Existing firmware version - 2.12 . Here is the link ( 2.12 version link from acer )
Lower version available in Acer website - 1.08 . Here is the link ( 1.08 link from acer )

There is also one more file called "firmware" on the same download page. Here is the link ( firmware link from acer )




LONG description

My Acer netbook (Aspire One 725-0884) came with preloaded Windows 8. But it has only 2GB of RAM. So it was not running smoothly. So I had installed Linux and running it for the past three years.

I wanted to load back Windows 8 in it. I couldn't find the Windows 8 legit iso. So I had loaded Windows 7 for which I already had the iso.
I thought I could find the Windows 8 key somehow. I used the SLIC toolkit from SLIC website )

It could read the SLIC info. But it did not give me the key. Meanwhile there were some new problems in my netbook. F2 key did not work as soon as I booted.

So I thought maybe that bios got corrupted and I went to Acer website looking for help. I could find a bios update available for dowload from Acer website for my model. So I downloaded it and ran it.


And then after that, I got the error message (no boot device found).

For many many many times I try pressing F2 key rapidly after boot. Luckily, I could get into bios menu once. Quickly I changed from UEFI mode to Legacy BIOS mode.

Now again I am able to boot to Windows 7.


HOWEVER, now when I run SLIC toolkit, it says there is no SLIC table available.

Now I have Windows 8 legit iso. But seems like I cannot install and activate it, as the SLIC table is deleted.


Is it possible to recover the SLIC table and activate Windows 8 OEM version?


If the methods that you are suggesting have some risks associated with it, I am OK with it.
Once again, I am saying that I am OK with the risks of bricking the hardware.
I will be also be extra careful.

So please tell me how I can get back the SLIC table.
find
quote
#2
Deleting your Win8 You loosing your Win8 OEM key !
Have You done a Full report with AIDA64 or a Backup with some tool to save
the Key ?
Regards

P.S. We can try to use the Slic 2.3 only . . .

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(07-27-2015, 03:41 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Deleting your Win8 You loosing your Win8 OEM key !
Have You done a Full report with AIDA64 or a Backup with some tool to save
the Key ?
Regards

P.S. We can try to use the Slic 2.3 only . . .



No I don't know what is AIDA64 or haven't done any backup. Is it still possible to recover the SLIC table somehow?
find
quote
#4
Ask to Sovem !
Write a PM . . .
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
(07-29-2015, 11:57 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Ask to Sovem !
Write a PM . . .
Regards

Is "Sovem" one of the user in this forum?

I found something today. I have made a complete image backup of the OS long back.
It is 11GB in size. It has .efi and .boot files etc.

So now that I know I have this, please tell me whether it is possible now to recover the license.

P.S. I tried to original post with this new info. But i am unable to do it from mobile.
find
quote
#6
Here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/User-sovem

Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)