Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424325
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3596
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 260
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 289
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224231
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119154
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6772
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309643
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 604
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20259
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169221
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6313
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 807
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5775
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61168

Ideapad 320 - can't get into crysis/recovery mode
#1
Hello, 
When I'm trying combination fn+R, laptop keep restarting over and over, without checking pendrive (pendrive with LED).
After letting go keys, laptor fisnishes current loop and proceed loading to lenovo image then displays - no bootable device (pendrive starts blinking) .
- I can boot into bios menu 
- pendrive visible in boot menu (with legacy support)
- Bios Back Flash enabled
- can't update bios via windows (blue screens on startup)
- I extracted .exe file and with hex editor found name of bios.fd file (4WCrisis.fd), renamed usb and file but still no luck
- battery unplugged
- cmos reset
process should look like this

fn+R ---> reboot ---> usb acces for drivers
in my case
fn+R ---> reboot ---> reboot ---> reboot ---> until I'll let go fn+R keys
* legacy mode is enabled just for bios upgrade purposes
* my laptor requires bios driver ---.FD maybe there is possibility to install that update with linux  (I'm 99% windows user but with some tutorial i could try)

I'd like to explain my situation:
I want to install windows 10 on my laptop, but when installer prepares files to install, blue screen occours. I managed to install windows with different method, but sometimes when loading to windows, sometimes already in windows (1min max) - system crashes. System is stable only in safe mode (bios installer won't launch in safe mode).
I wanted to check if bios update could resolve problem, but as you can see I'm limited to recovery mode.
It's strange, becouse I installed linux without any problems, and used it for a few hours without single crash so I'm guessing my problems are related somehow to windows drivers (if laptop would have damaged internal component, even linux would crash after while - correct me if I'm wrong)
find
quote
#2
(03-28-2021, 08:15 AM)poniedzialek1 Wrote: Hello, 
When I'm trying combination fn+R, laptop keep restarting over and over, without checking pendrive (pendrive with LED).
After letting go keys, laptor fisnishes current loop and proceed loading to lenovo image then displays - no bootable device (pendrive starts blinking) .
- I can boot into bios menu 
- pendrive visible in boot menu (with legacy support)
- Bios Back Flash enabled
- can't update bios via windows (blue screens on startup)
- I extracted .exe file and with hex editor found name of bios.fd file (4WCrisis.fd), renamed usb and file but still no luck
- battery unplugged
- cmos reset
process should look like this

fn+R ---> reboot ---> usb acces for drivers
in my case
fn+R ---> reboot ---> reboot ---> reboot ---> until I'll let go fn+R keys
* legacy mode is enabled just for bios upgrade purposes
* my laptor requires bios driver ---.FD maybe there is possibility to install that update with linux  (I'm 99% windows user but with some tutorial i could try)

I'd like to explain my situation:
I want to install windows 10 on my laptop, but when installer prepares files to install, blue screen occours. I managed to install windows with different method, but sometimes when loading to windows, sometimes already in windows (1min max) - system crashes. System is stable only in safe mode (bios installer won't launch in safe mode).
I wanted to check if bios update could resolve problem, but as you can seejjj I'm limited to recovery mode.
It's strange, becouse I installed linux without any problems, and used it for a few hours without single crash so I'm guessing my problems are related somehow to windows drivers (if laptop would have damaged internal component, even linux would crash after while - correct me if I'm wrong)


Give a look here :

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Lapt...-p/5026109

May be in your case your recovery bios name is 4WCrisis.bin

For Y540 ...

3- Extract BIOS Files (You need a file compression software such as WinRAR, PeaZip, 7-Zip, WinZip, etc.)

Run the downloaded BIOS file, e.g. "BHCN38WW.exe", as administrator
Follow instructions
Deselect "Launch Lenovo BIOS Update Utility now"
Finish
Open "C:BIOSBHCN##WW" folder
Right click "BHCN##WW.exe" and select "Extract to BHCN##WW"
Open the extracted "BHCN##WW" folder
Copy "BIOS.fd"
Paste "BIOS.fd" to your USB Flash Drive
Rename "BIOS.fd" to "BHCrisis.bin"

And then You can try the Firmware file extraxted (not encapsulated) too ... 4WCN47WW

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u5kuqbcoq...S.rar/file

Let me know
Regards
find
quote
#3
(03-28-2021, 08:15 AM)poniedzialek1 Wrote: Hello, 
When I'm trying combination fn+R, laptop keep restarting over and over, without checking pendrive (pendrive with LED).
After letting go keys, laptor fisnishes current loop and proceed loading to lenovo image then displays - no bootable device (pendrive starts blinking) .
- I can boot into bios menu 
- pendrive visible in boot menu (with legacy support)
- Bios Back Flash enabled
- can't update bios via windows (blue screens on startup)
- I extracted .exe file and with hex editor found name of bios.fd file (4WCrisis.fd), renamed usb and file but still no luck
- battery unplugged
- cmos reset
process should look like this

fn+R ---> reboot ---> usb acces for drivers
in my case
fn+R ---> reboot ---> reboot ---> reboot ---> until I'll let go fn+R keys
* legacy mode is enabled just for bios upgrade purposes
* my laptor requires bios driver ---.FD maybe there is possibility to install that update with linux  (I'm 99% windows user but with some tutorial i could try)

I'd like to explain my situation:
I want to install windows 10 on my laptop, but when installer prepares files to install, blue screen occours. I managed to install windows with different method, but sometimes when loading to windows, sometimes already in windows (1min max) - system crashes. System is stable only in safe mode (bios installer won't launch in safe mode).
I wanted to check if bios update could resolve problem, but as you can see I'm limited to recovery mode.
It's strange, becouse I installed linux without any problems, and used it for a few hours without single crash so I'm guessing my problems are related somehow to windows drivers (if laptop would have damaged internal component, even linux would crash after while - correct me if I'm wrong)
Hi
1. you must specify the exact model of your laptop
2. need an original bios from the Lenovo site
3. ignore spam
find
quote
#4
Thanks for response
I tried with that post, renamed file to BHCrisis, BHCrisis, 4WCrisis,6JCrisis ( .bin, .fd)
Downloaded two different drivers for my model (ideapad 320 15ikb 81bg)
- 6JCN32WW.BIN
- 6jcn33ww.fd (that driver is from lenovo site  and I exctracted .fd file by myslef from installer)
Theres two strange problems :
1. 6JCN32WW.BIN edited with hex editor shows 6JCrisis.fd, when downloaded driver have .bin enxtension
2. 6jcn33ww.fd edited with hex editor shows 4WCrisis.fd and it's odd to be that two similar drivers contain diffrent names

For now I'm trying to make usb with bootable windows to update bios.
If that won't work I'll try to desolder bios chip and program it ( as you can guess i'm trying to avoid that, but for now I'm running out of options)


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#5
*and some tutorial from me, because while searching for answers i stumbled upon people searching for name of their bios driver
1. download UEFITool Ne
2. open .fd, .bin driver
3. action-->search-->text  "crisis"
4. search for RAW SECTION in searh box
5. R.click -->hex view
6. scroll for text with **crisis.fd in name (in theory that should be your driver name)


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#6
Hello! I have the same problem as you, did you manage to solve it?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)