Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424209
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223918
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119109
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 359
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309549
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169171
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6273
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 775
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61124

Inspiron n7110 4-Core support
#1
Hello all,

I currently possess a Dell Inspiron n7110 with an i5, and the chipset is an HM67. I also have in my possession an i7-2670QM processor, which I intended to install since the HM67 chipset supports 4-core processors. However, when I booted it I only had 1 core. The BIOS showed the correct processor but alas, something was amiss. The motherboard model is an 07830J, with no 4-core support, and an 0XMP5X, which does support 4 cores.

I can't find any answers as to whether or not it's just a locked BIOS or if the motherboard itself doesn't have the right mojo. I cannot find a specific XMP5X BIOS , however my google-fu may not be up to par.

If someone would be willing to accept this challenge, I would be forever in your debt. I used the unlocked UEFI A13 BIOS from this site, if you need the BIOS file. If you need my specific one, let me know.
find
quote
#2
Post a screenshot of Mainboard tab of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#3
Here's the BIOS I used:

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-B...-UEFI-BOOT
   
Screenshot included.
find
quote
#4
You motherboard already has support of i7-2670QM - https://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench2/2337831
find
quote
#5
A lot of sources I found when researching upgrade options told me that as well, but when installed it runs on 1 core only. When I get time I will reinstall the i7 and take screens. Thanks for taking a look.

If you wish to delete this no worries.
find
quote
#6
Install your i7-2670QM.
Flash original BIOS.
Go to BIOS and do Load Defaults, save and reboot.
Make TXT-report of CPU-Z, zip it and attach to this topic.
Run msconfig.exe, go to tab Boot, click BOOT Advanced options button, make a screenshot.
find
quote
#7
It makes little sense, but it is now working. When I installed it with the stock BIOS it only used 1 core. After I installed the UEFI A13 BIOS Mod on this site it works fine. It will probably overheat but it is working properly. Thanks for your attention, I've perused this site extensively and you do SO MUCH for people here. I see you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)