Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6361
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424488
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224607
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169363
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

Intel D975XLAG1 (Lavacot) CPU/RAM Upgrade
#1
I recently picked up this Gateway E-6610D Workstation with all stock parts (besides using my GTX 960 because the ATI card had died) and I need some help with a few things. I bought some HP ECC RAM off of eBay (tested in another machine and does function perfectly) and all the specs seemed to line up compared to the stuff I had in the machine already. Basically I'm jumping from 4 GB Non-ECC to 8 GB of ECC RAM except it doesn't want to function properly. I put in 1-2-3-4 sticks in many slots and tried different things but it won't boot without beeping 3 times w/ no display output. It seemed very odd since both sticks were DDR2 667 MHz (5-5-5-12 @ 1.8V [PC2-5300]) but then I read on a website that RAM sticks with 16 chips per side didn't work with this system but 8 chip per side RAM sticks of the same size did... (or 64MBx32 not working but 128MBx16 working perfectly). Dodgy

I also bought an Intel Xeon X3230 (It hasn't arrived yet) off of eBay as an upgrade from the pre-existing Intel Core 2 Duo E6320. Some things I should mention: This board is ECC capable, this board is LGA775, this board includes 4 DIMM slots in Dual Channel configuration, and the max RAM supported is 8 GB (2 GB per stick).

There is a BIOS update for this board (which I'll link below from Gateway's website) but running it through the EXE updater wouldn't work and I don't have a clue on how to use IFLASH from a USB/Floppy. Confused

If anyone could help me in the slightest I would GREATLY appreciate any advice or help! (Also if I need to provide any additional information about this system just ask)

Thanks

Gateway BIOS Update: http://panam.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=21284&dscr=BigArm%20and%20Lavacot%20Motherboard%20BIOS%20UpdateRevision:%20LA97510J.15A.0268&uid=460168142

EDIT: Specs:
CPU: [Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 @ 1.86 GHz], [Intel D975XLAG1 (BTX not ATX) Workstation Motherboard]
RAM: [Hynix (4 sticks of) 4 GB Non-ECC DDR2-667 MHz 5-5-5-12 1.8V]
STORAGE: [Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB SSD running Windows 7]
GPU: [MSI Geforce GTX 960 2GB]
>> WITH Intel D975X northbridge and Intel ICH7-DH southbridge
(More specs listed here by Gateway: http://panam.gateway.com/s/PC/E6610/1009...sp10.shtml)

FINAL EDIT: Turns out I was able to figure out how to use iflash and update the bios myself and I finally got the Intel Xeon in the mail and it actually works out of the box! As for the RAM, I'll need to find some PC2-5300E rather than PC2-5300P.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)