Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 88
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101458
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 514
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2868
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7257
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6978
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14333
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425385
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3831
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 522
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 324
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 543
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227370
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119528
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6989
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 610
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310543
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62214

Intel MS440GX support for 550-900mhz P3 Xeons?
#1
Wink 
Does anyone know if there was ever an official bios update for the Intel MS440GX that added support for Xeons up to 900mhz? The latest version I was able to find only added support for up to 550mhz processors, but the board and chipset should be able to support the faster Xeons.

I have a pair of 700mhz Xeons that my board boots with but does not currently support properly. This board was previously running a 1998 vintage Gateway bios that only supported 450mhz Xeons. I've flashed to the Intel bios using the recovery mode, but the board has disabled the L2 cache on both processors.

I know there are a number of Supermicro boards as well as an Asus board that support the faster processors. Would it be possible to extract the microcode for the faster processors from a bios for one of these other boards and then add or inject it into the last Intel bios?

How hard would it be to do myself if there is no modded bios available?
find
quote
#2
Hi

Sorry but i have been absent from the forums for a while due to being so busy with my life outside this site.

I am now just finding the time to get back into bios modding and would be more than happy to work on a mod for you.

The official bios doesnt look good , its in a split format , please could you download the following tool to generate a backup of your current bios into one single file for me to look at

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Universa...Backup.EXE

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
(06-05-2012, 03:39 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Hi

Sorry but i have been absent from the forums for a while due to being so busy with my life outside this site.

I am now just finding the time to get back into bios modding and would be more than happy to work on a mod for you.





The official bios doesnt look good , its in a split format , please could you download the following tool to generate a backup of your current bios into one single file for me to look at

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Universa...Backup.EXE

Regards
Admin

Thanks for your help. Smile

I'll get that done later tonight after work.

The official bios has options to set processor speed up to 550mhz. Would this make a mod to accept up to 900mhz xeons harder to do? Or is it a relatively simple task to add more options for all the later processors speeds?
find
quote
#4
Here's the current bios I have.
.zip   07021999-IntelCorp.zip (Size: 269.67 KB / Downloads: 4)

This is the latest bios for the Asus XG-DLS.
.zip   xgdls1013.zip (Size: 179.6 KB / Downloads: 0) This was last updated in mid 2001. It should have the microcode for all P3 Xeons up to 900mhz, as far as I know. At some point, I'd like to run 900/2mb Xeons on this if possible.

I realize the XG-DLS bios is an award bios, but I am not aware of any other 440GX based boards that use a phoenix bios that have support for the faster Xeons.
find
quote
#5
Can't get it open , sorry!

Curse Intel for their unique bioses Tongue
find
quote
#6
(06-09-2012, 02:58 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Can't get it open , sorry!

Curse Intel for their unique bioses Tongue

Is there any way around this or is this a common issue with some of these older bioses?
find
quote
#7
As far as i'm aware there is no way around this

Its not an issue with older boards , its an issue with Intel boards in general , they make their own BIOS!
find
quote
#8
(06-09-2012, 08:59 PM)1234s282 Wrote: As far as i'm aware there is no way around this

Its not an issue with older boards , its an issue with Intel boards in general , they make their own BIOS!

Lame. Oh well...

I've got an Asus XG-DLS I can slap those faster Xeons on, only I have no mounting brackets for them, so I figured it couldn't hurt to see if I could still use the Intel board.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)