Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14003
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424473
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 208
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224560
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169336
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

Intel T9550 for Dell Inspiron 1420
#11
(01-05-2022, 09:24 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 06:31 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: Oh,did you mean I should put a wire in these two holes like what I circled in the attachment?
https://imgur.com/VykWiME
Yes, I mean that. And than you need to install your T9550.

Whew, I just tried to do that, from using paper clip, stapler's bullet and string without success. The pad is simply too small for even a string not covering other holes.I really marveled at the pictures you posted......
Is there any other solution?
find
quote
#12
(01-05-2022, 11:16 PM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: Is there any other solution?
No easier solution without soldering the motherboard.
But you can buy compatible CPU: T8100, T8300, T9300 or T9500
find
quote
#13
OIC,but the price of them is twice of T9550.Is it possible to mod the BIOS to downclock the FSB by itself?I suspect that the picky BIOS can't even detect the CPU even if I manage to find something super small to put it at the two holes.I have been thinking about using cello tape to cover those two holes on the CPU,so will it works in your opinion?
find
quote
#14
(01-06-2022, 06:18 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: the price of them is twice of T9550.
Downclocked T9550@2,0 GHz is almost the same as cheap T8100@2,1 GHz.
(01-06-2022, 06:18 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: Is it possible to mod the BIOS to downclock the FSB by itself?
No, a clock generator selects FSB before starting CPU. So BIOS modding is senseless in this case - BIOS doesn't start at all.
(01-06-2022, 06:18 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: I have been thinking about using cello tape to cover those two holes on the CPU,so will it works in your opinion?
No, you need to connect two signals in the socket, not just isolate.
find
quote
#15
(01-06-2022, 06:37 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 06:18 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: the price of them is twice of T9550.
Downclocked T9550@2,0 GHz is almost the same as cheap T8100@2,1 GHz.
To be honest,I thought this laptop support T9550 as I read some comments of other people.I never know they modded it/or just type the wrong name.So,instead of buying a T8300(which is almost the same price of T9550) I bought T9550.
(01-06-2022, 06:37 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 06:18 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: Is it possible to mod the BIOS to downclock the FSB by itself?
No, a clock generator selects FSB before starting CPU. So BIOS modding is senseless in this case - BIOS doesn't start at all.
If I manage to do that,will the BIOS recognise it?
(01-06-2022, 06:37 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 06:18 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: I have been thinking about using cello tape to cover those two holes on the CPU,so will it works in your opinion?
No, you need to connect two signals in the socket, not just isolate.
OIC.Now i understand why you said it is a difficult BSEL mod.The socket is so small and I can't find anything like that.By the way,seeing that the point is not isolating it but connecting them,does it mean I need to use some material that is electric conducting or plastic things is fine as well?
find
quote
#16
(01-06-2022, 06:55 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: If I manage to do that,will the BIOS recognise it?
Yes, BIOS already has support for it.
(01-06-2022, 06:55 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: does it mean I need to use some material that is electric conducting or plastic things is fine as well?
Electrically connect.
find
quote
#17
Wink 
(01-06-2022, 08:04 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 06:55 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: If I manage to do that,will the BIOS recognise it?
Yes, BIOS already has support for it.
(01-06-2022, 06:55 AM)Inspiron1420user Wrote: does it mean I need to use some material that is electric conducting or plastic things is fine as well?
Electrically connect.

Hi,I manage to connect it forcefully and now the BIOS and windows recognize the CPU.Now I will be trying to make it run in it's own nature speed of 2.66GHZ rather than the 2GHZ with SetFSB or something.
I am very grateful for your help.Thank you very much for your time and patient!

https://imgur.com/a/CR3eoyW
find
quote
#18
(01-05-2022, 05:25 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Your laptop is based on GM965 chipset. It doesn't support FSB=1066 MHz.
T8100, T8300, T9300 and T9500 are recommended for upgrade this laptop.
To boot with T9550 you need to make difficult BSEL mod: 1066 -> 800

BTW: BSEL mod 1066 (266) -> 800 (200) is the same as 533 (133) -> 667 (166)
Look at this - http://dxpc.ru/images/stories/pc/socketmandpfsbmod.jpg

Hi,by the way will the 166 to 200mhz BSEL mod works to overclock the FSB from 800mhz to 1066mhz(200 to 266)?Will the computer boot up if so or the mod is simply the same as pulling out my bsel mod LOL?Thanks
find
quote
#19
No, BSEL mods 166->200 and 200->266 are different. And hardware support of FSB=1066MHz (by a chipset) is required for second mod. E.g. PM45
find
quote
#20
(01-17-2022, 12:14 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: No, BSEL mods 166->200 and 200->266 are different. And hardware support of FSB=1066MHz (by a chipset) is required for second mod. E.g. PM45

Oh,so there is no way to overclock it?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)