Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424123
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3552
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 210
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 161
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223717
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6735
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309487
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20215
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169135
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5734
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61104
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274943

Intel s2400sc motherboard and e5-2400 v2 "ES" Processor
#1
I need help:

I have intel s2400sc with a recent bios but wont work with E5-2400 v2 QE2k processor.

My bios version is 02.06.0006
and I have copy of bios version 02.06.0006 and 02.06.0007 I found on the internet.

according to bios release notes:
e5-24xx v2 support was introduced on version 01.08.0001
and non-"C1" stepping e5-24xx v2 support was dropped on 01.08.0003

I can no longer find the old bios file that supports ES processor. I already search on the 70GB file in archive.org for the intel.com.

Can anyone help me run processor on the motherboard?

I have no experience on bios modding but I'm willing to learn.

I don't know where to start and what tools to use.

Many Thanks.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
Did you tried to flash 01.08.0003?
Have you any CPU supported by this motherboard?
Have you a hardware programmer?
find
quote
#3
(04-17-2020, 01:18 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Did you tried to flash 01.08.0003?
Have you any CPU supported by this motherboard?
Have you a hardware programmer?

1) I cannot find old bios like 01.08.002, 01.08.001,  01.08.003
2) I have supported processor e5-2430 "v1"
3) I have no hardware programmer but I have raspberry pi 2
find
quote
#4
1. Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus).
2. Download AMI Flash Utilities
3. Extract and copy files from amiflash\Aptio\afudos\afudos.zip\AfuDos\ to USB stick with native DOS
4. Boot from bootable USB stick with native DOS
5. Run
afudos bios.rom /o
Zip and upload result file bios.rom
find
quote
#5
(04-18-2020, 02:18 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: 1. Make DOS USB-stick (e.g, by Rufus).
2. Download AMI Flash Utilities
3. Extract and copy files from amiflash\Aptio\afudos\afudos.zip\AfuDos\ to USB stick with native DOS
4. Boot from bootable USB stick with native DOS
5. Run
afudos bios.rom /o
Zip and upload result file bios.rom

command afudos bios.rom /o gave me error 46

Thank you so much for helping me.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#6
Did you flash 01.08.003?
find
quote
#7
(04-18-2020, 07:17 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Did you flash 01.08.003?

i didn't try yet.  

Should I try first 01.08.003?  

I just want to make sure because Engineering Sample E5-2400V2 QE2K earlier than C0?

 Notes for BIOS 01.08.0003
================================================================================
- Added C0 microcode version 0x405 for Intel® Xeon processor E5-4600/2600/2400 v2.

NOTE:This BIOS does *not* support Intel® Xeon processor E5-4600/2600/2400 v2 steppings earlier than C0.
find
quote
#8
Only 01.08.003 is good candidate to patch.
Try to use AFUWIN (amiflash\Aptio\afuwin\64\afuwin64.zip\AfuWin64\) to read BIOS.
In command line with administrative rights run:
AFUWINx64 bios.rom /o
find
quote
#9
(04-18-2020, 07:47 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Only 01.08.003 is good candidate to patch.

One last question, before I flash 01.08.0003

There are 2 flashing instructions on the 01.08.0003:

1)  flashing using STARTUP.NSH will update all BIOS, ME, BMC, FRUSDR.

2)  Manual Update only for BIOS.

Which one should I try?
find
quote
#10
Update all.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)