Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424466
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224536
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309726
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169323
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

Lenovo G500s Insyde Bios changing serialnumber, boardnumber and productname
#1
Hello friend,

i requested a whitelist-free bios for my lenovo g500s with advanced options a year ago.

After changing a graphic value in bios, i bricked my laptop.

Lenovo support repaired it by changing the mainboard, after that i requested a whitelist-removed bios without advanced options - everything works fine now, but:

The lenovo-support missed to config the information about serialnumber (INVALID), inserted wrong boardnumber and wrong product name.

I have some issus with my touchpad (Windows detects wrong touchpad (Synaptics, but it's definitly from Elan) and found out, it maybe has to do with wrong dmi-infos (often read about same problems after mainboard-change).

My question is, is it possible to edit the dmi-informations about serialnumber etc.?

I found the EZH2O-tool, where i can load my bios backup and edit the DMI-Structure.

Can I correct all Informations in the tool and save the modified bios and flash it?

Will the dmi information in the eeprom get overwrited by flashing the modified bios and my Serialnumber and co. will be ok then?

With best regards

Fox
find
quote
#2
Update:

with the "COMPAL DMI String Modifier Ver3.0" I could edit the product-name and the boardnumber, changing the serialnumber in the dos-tool has only effects on the boardnumber - but it was the only tool out there, that will take any effects on my insyde-bios!

So, how can I edit the serialnumber?

Greetz
find
quote
#3
Ok friend,
Try this as is based on your 1st result file so has to get all DMI Data :

http://rghost.net/8bPTlhbVz

let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#4
it works!

DMI-Dataset is complete and correct now.

Thanks a lot!
find
quote
#5
(10-30-2015, 03:46 PM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok friend,
Try this as is based on your 1st result file so has to get all DMI Data :

http://rghost.net/8bPTlhbVz

let me know
Regards

hey pal,

the link said the file is restricted can you share the link again.

thanks
find
quote
#6
(08-04-2016, 06:25 AM)rayz5 Wrote: hey pal,

the link said the file is restricted can you share the link again.

thanks

http://rgho.st/6XTSvMgjR

run and report
find
quote
#7
Hello,
I have the same issue. I haved to change KBC (ENE) because it broken. After that all works fine, but EC version was lower than bios version so I updated bios. All went good with out eny errors, but now I have Invalid serialnumber, boardnumber, productname and UUID has same FFF chars. I backuped this bios by Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0.I opened bios FD file by EzH2O editor. Can I change this values by this programm? When I change this how should I flash bios with this edited file, with what tool should I do this ? Pleas help me.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)