Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424123
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3552
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 210
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 161
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223717
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6735
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309487
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20215
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169135
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5734
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61104
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274943

Lenovo M93 Tiny - I3 4160T support
#1
Hi

Is it possible to add support for an I3 4160T cpu to the BIOS for a Lenovo M93 Tiny desktop please?

   
   

BIOS:
.zip   fbjtdbusa.zip (Size: 4.79 MB / Downloads: 2)

Many thanks for your help.
find
quote
#2
Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with your i3-4160T.
find
quote
#3
(03-22-2020, 02:10 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with your i3-4160T.

The pc powers on and the fan spins but no power led light and the screen remains blank. There is no lenovo logo visible and I can't access the BIOS.
find
quote
#4
Try this algorithm:
1) disconnect power cord
2) disconnect all HDDs and optical drives
3) remove all DIMMs and CMOS Battery
4) install new CPU
5) wait 10 mins
6) press and hold power button for 30 sec.
7) install CMOS Battery and one DIMM only in first slot.
8) connect power cord and try to power on.
find
quote
#5
(03-22-2020, 03:06 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try this algorithm:
1) disconnect power cord
2) disconnect all HDDs and optical drives
3) remove all DIMMs and CMOS Battery
4) install new CPU
5) wait 10 mins
6) press and hold power button for 30 sec.
7) install CMOS Battery and one DIMM only in first slot.
8) connect power cord and try to power on.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the above but unfortunately it still will not boot with the 4160T, the fan spins and nothing else.

I put the original CPU (G3220T) back in and it boots normally.
find
quote
#6
Try to downgrade version of BIOS to FBKT53AUS.
Test your i3-4160T on other system.
find
quote
#7
(03-22-2020, 04:26 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to downgrade version of BIOS to FBKT53AUS.
Test your i3-4160T on other system.

I tried the older BIOS and it didn't work.

I don't have another compatible motherboard to try the 4160T in. But I assume it is okay and the problem is that the BIOS has a CPU whitelist. I think I will have to get rid of the 4160T and try a 4130T instead.

Thanks for all your help though.
find
quote
#8
FBKT53AUS has support for i3-4160T - https://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench3/8702558
I think your new CPU is dead.
find
quote
#9
(03-22-2020, 10:19 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: FBKT53AUS has support for i3-4160T - https://browser.geekbench.com/geekbench3/8702558
I think your new CPU is dead.

Nice find! I think you may be right about the CPU.

I found another with FBKT54AUS: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/8484203

And FBKTCCAUS https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/7869568

Do you think if I change my model number to 10A4S00R0D when I update the BIOS this would maybe help?
find
quote
#10
(03-22-2020, 12:35 PM)gingerben Wrote: Do you think if I change my model number to 10A4S00R0D when I update the BIOS this would maybe help?
Will not help.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)