Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6400
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14036
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3651
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224748
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119202
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6813
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 436
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309803
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 654
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20312
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169422
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6383
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 859

Lenovo ThinkCentre A55 9641-7QG E7400
#1
There is a similar request, http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-So...ode?page=4

Would it be possible for an A55? Original CPU is E4400 (65nm) and I'm trying to replace it with E7400 (45nm). It boots and I can access BIOS settings but it doesn't start to load an OS. I think the chipset is 946GZ. Original BIOS (2QKT29A) can be downloaded from http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/download...D=DS002180
find
quote
#2
Hello, first sorry for my poor English.

I'm suffering the same problem. It does not boot when I change te processor, it shows the microcode error.

The BIOS is here:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-67223

This BIOS is for ThinkCentre A55 (type 9636, 9638, 9640, 9641) / M55e (type 9300, 9301, 9642, 9643, 9644, 9645) systems.

I need update microcode, but for a Core2Duo E7400 or a Pentium Dual Core E6600

I've found a similar post here, but my system uses other BIOS:
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-So...ode?page=4

Core2Duo E7400 SLGW3
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SLGW3.html

Pentium Dual Core E6600 SLGUG
http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/SL/SLGUG.html


Data of Pentium Dual Core E6600 obtained from another computer.
processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 23
model name : Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6600 @ 3.06GHz
stepping : 10
microcode : 0xa07

Could anyone help us? Angel

Thanks in advance.

I will post the unmodified BIOS:

- Extracted BIOS ROM image

.zip   BIOS_2QKT29A_2QJT29A.zip (Size: 675.9 KB / Downloads: 18)

- BIOS from Lenovo

.zip   Lenovo_2q_BIOS_downloads_from_Lenovo.zip (Size: 3.48 MB / Downloads: 15)

Thanks in advance...
find
quote
#3
Possible solution.

I will try it

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-3-...otherboard

I will try with these files...... replacing other microcode...

.zip   1067A.zip (Size: 8.34 KB / Downloads: 11)
find
quote
#4
I tested and It does not work.
I think only updates microcodes that are in BIOS.

I need to modify the ROM BIOS image $image2q.usf

Could someone help?

Where can I find information about modifying Lenovo Phoenix BIOSes???
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)