Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3533
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 197
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 156
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223594
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119088
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 229
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6728
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 343
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309463
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61893
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 558
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20207
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169113
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6251
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 757
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5728
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61092
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274925
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 876

Lenovo ThinkCentre - i946GZ support for E5200
#1
Hello,

I have an old ThinkCentre desktop with (what I guess is) a custom Lenovo motherboard and bios.

Currently it has an E2140 that I was planning to upgrade to an E5200. I've popped the processor in, the system started up, I was happy! But then it got stuck at the full-screen logo and I was no longer happy.
Some research led me to believe that the newer CPU microcode isn't supported as this particular CPU model was released after the latest BIOS update for the board.

Can you please mod this bios for me so that I can do my upgrade? Thank you in advance!

BIOS link: http://support.lenovo.com/ro/en/products...s/ds003900

What happens: the system starts up but doesn't boot, it doesn't get past the Lenovo full screen logo.

I've attached a screenshot from AIDA64 with the old CPU (E2140) and its CPUID.

The spec for the new CPU (E5200) is SLAY7 and its microcode seems to be 10676 according to this link.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
946GZ chipset doesn't support CPUs with 45-nm core.
Post a screenshots of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z. And I need a model and a type (e.g. ThinkCentre M55e (type 9642)).
Install old CPU and disable logo in BIOS for POST messages. BIOS->Startup->Power On Logo->Disabled
And then try to boot new CPU again.
find
quote
#3
Here's the screenshot that you've asked for.
Unfortunately, I don't know the exact model.
I'll try to do the changes that you've said and I'll post back.
Thanks!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#4
Find Product Name & Serial Number
The serial number is printed on the side or back of your machine. If the Machine Type model information is needed, it is located just right next to the serial number
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)