Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 106
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424450
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3619
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 281
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224510
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119170
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6788
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 407
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309718
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61964
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169314
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6350
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61202

Lenovo Thinkpad W701DS Whitelist Removal
#1
Dear all modder Senpai , can help me unlock all hidden/advanced menu and whitelist removal on bios thinkpad W701ds.
BIOS image: https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds013629
https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6kuj12us.exe

Many thanks~

it cant be modified to use other GPU right ><
now using FX3800M
find
quote
#2
(09-16-2021, 09:46 PM)laurenceyu Wrote: Dear all modder Senpai , can help me unlock all hidden/advanced menu and whitelist removal on bios thinkpad W701ds.
BIOS image: https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds013629
https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6kuj12us.exe

Many thanks~

it cant be modified to use other GPU right ><
now using FX3800M

Hello laurenceyu,

I will take a look at your BIOS image.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#3
Heart 
(09-19-2021, 10:41 PM)Sml6397 Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 09:46 PM)laurenceyu Wrote: Dear all modder Senpai , can help me  unlock all hidden/advanced menu and whitelist removal on bios thinkpad W701ds.
BIOS image: https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds013629
https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6kuj12us.exe

Many thanks~

it cant be modified to use other GPU right ><
now using FX3800M

Hello laurenceyu,

I will take a look at your BIOS image.

~Steven
Heart Heart Heart Heart Thank you steven~~
find
quote
#4
(09-20-2021, 12:13 AM)laurenceyu Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:41 PM)Sml6397 Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 09:46 PM)laurenceyu Wrote: Dear all modder Senpai , can help me  unlock all hidden/advanced menu and whitelist removal on bios thinkpad W701ds.
BIOS image: https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds013629
https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6kuj12us.exe

Many thanks~

it cant be modified to use other GPU right ><
now using FX3800M

Hello laurenceyu,

I will take a look at your BIOS image.

~Steven
Heart Heart Heart Heart Thank you steven~~

Hello,

It appears to be that your BIOS is decently unlocked already. I looked for existing hidden setup tables (already constructed menus that are just being hidden), but I did not find any. I will attach a list of all relevant strings (words, menu/setting names, setting options, etc.) from your BIOS image. If you are aware of any individual hidden settings that you want added that this notebook can have or you see the settings in the strings, let me know and I will add it.

I have also attached a screenshot of what your BIOS looks like from my end to this post. The screenshot was taken in Phoenix BIOS Editor (disclaimer: do not use PBE to modify your BIOS, it is only for previewing it - a hex editor is used for modification). (1) Can you see all of these menus and sub-menus on the left? (2) Are there settings in all of them? (3) In particular, are the settings on the right visible under the Config -> CPU menu? If any of these things are missing on your end, there are hiding functions making them not show up, and I can disable these functions.

While you investigate the answers to these questions, I will work on finding and removing the WiFi whitelist. I assume this is the error you would get if you tried to plug in a non-whitelisted WiFi card: "1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card". If you know if you get a different error, let me know. If you don't know, that is okay.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#5
(09-20-2021, 08:37 PM)Sml6397 Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 12:13 AM)laurenceyu Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:41 PM)Sml6397 Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 09:46 PM)laurenceyu Wrote: Dear all modder Senpai , can help me  unlock all hidden/advanced menu and whitelist removal on bios thinkpad W701ds.
BIOS image: https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds013629
https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6kuj12us.exe

Many thanks~

it cant be modified to use other GPU right ><
now using FX3800M

Hello laurenceyu,

I will take a look at your BIOS image.

~Steven
Heart Heart Heart Heart Thank you steven~~

Hello,

It appears to be that your BIOS is decently unlocked already. I looked for existing hidden setup tables (already constructed menus that are just being hidden), but I did not find any. I will attach a list of all relevant strings (words, menu/setting names, setting options, etc.) from your BIOS image. If you are aware of any individual hidden settings that you want added that this notebook can have or you see the settings in the strings, let me know and I will add it.

I have also attached a screenshot of what your BIOS looks like from my end to this post. The screenshot was taken in Phoenix BIOS Editor (disclaimer: do not use PBE to modify your BIOS, it is only for previewing it - a hex editor is used for modification). (1) Can you see all of these menus and sub-menus on the left? (2) Are there settings in all of them? (3) In particular, are the settings on the right visible under the Config -> CPU menu? If any of these things are missing on your end, there are hiding functions making them not show up, and I can disable these functions.

While you investigate the answers to these questions, I will work on finding and removing the WiFi whitelist. I assume this is the error you would get if you tried to plug in a non-whitelisted WiFi card: "1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card". If you know if you get a different error, let me know. If you don't know, that is okay.
Hi Steven~ 
I do have meet "1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card"
Problem when i inserted wifi card


I upload some picture let u have a look
(i cant see your attachment >.<)
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/YJE12LCxY8Ak7Lj2Z1radCKTRPW2Q7%2FR84MaisnldGs
find
quote
#6
(09-21-2021, 07:41 AM)laurenceyu Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 08:37 PM)Sml6397 Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 12:13 AM)laurenceyu Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:41 PM)Sml6397 Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 09:46 PM)laurenceyu Wrote: Dear all modder Senpai , can help me  unlock all hidden/advanced menu and whitelist removal on bios thinkpad W701ds.
BIOS image: https://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/downloads/ds013629
https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/6kuj12us.exe

Many thanks~

it cant be modified to use other GPU right ><
now using FX3800M

Hello laurenceyu,

I will take a look at your BIOS image.

~Steven
Heart Heart Heart Heart Thank you steven~~

Hello,

It appears to be that your BIOS is decently unlocked already. I looked for existing hidden setup tables (already constructed menus that are just being hidden), but I did not find any. I will attach a list of all relevant strings (words, menu/setting names, setting options, etc.) from your BIOS image. If you are aware of any individual hidden settings that you want added that this notebook can have or you see the settings in the strings, let me know and I will add it.

I have also attached a screenshot of what your BIOS looks like from my end to this post. The screenshot was taken in Phoenix BIOS Editor (disclaimer: do not use PBE to modify your BIOS, it is only for previewing it - a hex editor is used for modification). (1) Can you see all of these menus and sub-menus on the left? (2) Are there settings in all of them? (3) In particular, are the settings on the right visible under the Config -> CPU menu? If any of these things are missing on your end, there are hiding functions making them not show up, and I can disable these functions.

While you investigate the answers to these questions, I will work on finding and removing the WiFi whitelist. I assume this is the error you would get if you tried to plug in a non-whitelisted WiFi card: "1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card". If you know if you get a different error, let me know. If you don't know, that is okay.
Hi Steven~ 
I do have meet "1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card"
Problem when i inserted wifi card


I upload some picture let u have a look
(i cant see your attachment >.<)
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/YJE12LCxY8Ak7Lj2Z1radCKTRPW2Q7%2FR84MaisnldGs

Hello,

Just a heads up, this next week is going to be slow for me with BIOS mods because I have family over and a lot of things going on.

Could you upload pictures of the Config Menu and the Config -> CPU sub-menu?

I have been working on removing the WiFi whitelist. That error is helpful. I am seeing that in your BIOS image. Right now, I am trying to figure out what references that error "1802: Unauthorized..." so that I can skip the reference and disable the whitelist check.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#7
(09-25-2021, 01:36 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Right now, I am trying to figure out what references that error
[Image: 6kuj12us.jpg]
I am well advanced in stealing modification methods.
find
quote
#8
(09-25-2021, 02:53 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 01:36 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Right now, I am trying to figure out what references that error
[Image: 6kuj12us.jpg]
I am well advanced in stealing modification methods.

Haha thanks! I love it. I knew the edit probably had to be made somewhere in BIOSCOD6, but I was having issues locating the particular function that is the external reference from STRINGS where the "Unauthorized" string shows up.

I'll be camping for the next 1-2 days, so if you would like to release this mod, please go ahead. Otherwise, I will disassemble BIOSCOD6, verify your edits by looking at the functions they show up in, and then release the mod.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#9
(09-25-2021, 01:36 PM)Sml6397 Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 07:41 AM)laurenceyu Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 08:37 PM)Sml6397 Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 12:13 AM)laurenceyu Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 10:41 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello laurenceyu,

I will take a look at your BIOS image.

~Steven
Heart Heart Heart Heart Thank you steven~~

Hello,

It appears to be that your BIOS is decently unlocked already. I looked for existing hidden setup tables (already constructed menus that are just being hidden), but I did not find any. I will attach a list of all relevant strings (words, menu/setting names, setting options, etc.) from your BIOS image. If you are aware of any individual hidden settings that you want added that this notebook can have or you see the settings in the strings, let me know and I will add it.

I have also attached a screenshot of what your BIOS looks like from my end to this post. The screenshot was taken in Phoenix BIOS Editor (disclaimer: do not use PBE to modify your BIOS, it is only for previewing it - a hex editor is used for modification). (1) Can you see all of these menus and sub-menus on the left? (2) Are there settings in all of them? (3) In particular, are the settings on the right visible under the Config -> CPU menu? If any of these things are missing on your end, there are hiding functions making them not show up, and I can disable these functions.

While you investigate the answers to these questions, I will work on finding and removing the WiFi whitelist. I assume this is the error you would get if you tried to plug in a non-whitelisted WiFi card: "1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card". If you know if you get a different error, let me know. If you don't know, that is okay.
Hi Steven~ 
I do have meet "1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in - Power off and remove the miniPCI network card"
Problem when i inserted wifi card


I upload some picture let u have a look
(i cant see your attachment >.<)
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/YJE12LCxY8Ak7Lj2Z1radCKTRPW2Q7%2FR84MaisnldGs

Hello,

Just a heads up, this next week is going to be slow for me with BIOS mods because I have family over and a lot of things going on.

Could you upload pictures of the Config Menu and the Config -> CPU sub-menu?

I have been working on removing the WiFi whitelist. That error is helpful. I am seeing that in your BIOS image. Right now, I am trying to figure out what references that error "1802: Unauthorized..." so that I can skip the reference and disable the whitelist check.

Wow camping!! thats great ~
ok i took a video from my laptop 
here is the link

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p30j6s
find
quote
#10
(09-25-2021, 02:53 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 01:36 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Right now, I am trying to figure out what references that error
[Image: 6kuj12us.jpg]
I am well advanced in stealing modification methods.
Max Senpai ~~
i cant understand these code Sad
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)