Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424125
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3552
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 161
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223723
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6735
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309490
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20215
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169135
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5734
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61104
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274943

Lenovo Thinkstation D10 (type 6493) & Xeon X5482
#1
Hey Guys!,

I'm a complete NNNNEEEEEWWWWWWBBB at this, so I do hope this will make sense....

I need to upgrade my LENOVO bios from a Thinkstation D10 so that I can upgrade my CPU.


From what I know, I need to inject the microcode that will allow my new CPU to work

I already have the original BIOS file and I have the microcode that I need, but I do not know how to update the bios

Is this something you can help me with please ?

Thank you
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
find
quote
#3
       
(06-20-2019, 11:14 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

Hey DeathBringer!

Thanks for your reply

WOW - I didn't even know about the app CPU-Z (This would have saved me a lot of time...)

I've attached the 1st (CPU) & 3rd (Mainboard) tabs as requested.


I would like to run an Intel Xeon X5482 CPU on my mainboard.

From the research I've done, I believe these are the specs of that CPU :

Xeon X5482 (3.2GHz)
Code Name: Harpertown
Socket type: LGA771
Technology: 45nm
CPUID : 10676
find
quote
#4

.bin   2xkt31a.bin (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 4)
One more thing...

Here is the original BIOS for my mainboard

It's a Lenovo Thinkstation D10 (type 6493)

Not sure if this helps ?
find
quote
#5
Make a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
And explain exactly what happens when you try to boot with X5482.
find
quote
#6
Here is screenshot requested

   


When I try using the X5482 CPU - I can only hear the fan from inside the PC turn on and that's it.

No display on the monitor at all

No Beeping from the mainboard
find
quote
#7
Current BIOS already has suitable microcode for X5482.
I think it's FSB's problem.
find
quote
#8
hmmm... that's interesting ?

What CPUID did you get for the X5482 ? Is it 10676 ?
find
quote
#9
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel...L088N.html
find
quote
#10
Yes - I found that result as well...
My one is the SLANZ version , so CPUID should be 10676

When I looked into the bios i sent you, I couldn't see any microcode for 10676 ?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)