Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6415
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14046
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424572
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 329
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224894
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119211
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 301
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 443
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309842
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 660
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20321
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169443
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6393
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

Lenovo Y570 Project Bios and Display
#1
EDIT* UPDATE- I was able to recover finally by removing and reflashing the Efeon buos chip. Can anyone provide any insight on why removing the CMOS didn't reset? * Thanks!

Hello! New here and stumbling around hoping for a little assistance. Self induced dilemma = I decided to build a ridiculous game box using a lenovo Y570 model# CB01061723 which was headed for e-waste due to cracked screen etc. I pulled the mobo and had it connected via hdmi. Full disclosure.... This poor thing will never have a battery again and now has the full 16gb ram and I fully intend to use an external gpu. I came across a V2.06 unlocked bios and after many failed attempts due to efi boot partition size, got it flashed. All was well until I fiddled with display options and managed to black screen. I pulled the CMOS and spammed the power button and let sit for hours to no avail. Gave up on that, pulled the Efeon chip and flashed the original bios back (which I dumped from the start) using a t48 programmer. Still black screen 😑. Yes I've properly poo'd the bed. Yes, this is a stupid project. This thing is a dinosaur but had all the I/O that would be perfect for a retro box. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#2
I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post BTW.
Once I get everything set up with the gpu, I'm wondering which bios video options would be proper. To start with a benchmark, I was going to use a cheap mini pcie adapter and modest EVGA gpu (connected to a separate PSU) I understand that there will be a performance impact this way but I'm not expecting miracles. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears... Thanks again
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)