Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1801
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6427
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14057
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424596
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3664
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224976
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119222
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6823
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 448
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309861
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62014
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 666
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20328
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169463
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6403

MSI Wind U120 overclock?
#1
Tongue 
Hello everybody. New member here, so please, be kind! Big Grin

I have this MSI Netbook, the U120. I chose that one over the U100 mainly because of the looks (yep, big mistake).

After that, I found out tow things: 1.) The RAM cannot be upgraded, and 2.) No overclock capacity from the BIOS.

I used to OC via setfsb, wich worked pretty well, actually. But since I moved to Linux, I havent had the chance to OC via software.

Some users flashed the U120 BIOS with a U100 file, and it didnt brick the computer, and it gave the OC functionality, but it rendered the WiFi and the audio plugs unusable. Since I depend A LOT on my WiFi connections (and I wouldnt like to get stuck with the internat speakers), and since I really FEAR doing something like that (flashing the BIOS from another computer on mine), I havent tried it yet, but something keeps telling me that since it partially worked, there should be a way to mod the original U120 BIOS to enable OC.

However,s ince I do not have the slightest idea on how to do that. I pose the question here, in hope of a positive answer.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this.

Cheers.


Frank.
find
#2
How do you expect us to help you without a bios link?

TheWiz
www find
#3
This is a special kind of bios called EFI , which we cannot unlock for options at this time as there are no tools available to do so

Sorry
Admin
find
#4
Then what did the other guys do?

TheWiz
www find
#5
As the post says , they just flashed with the U100 bios , which has overclocking by default
find
#6
(01-04-2010, 04:52 PM)TheWiz Wrote: How do you expect us to help you without a bios link?

TheWiz

I´m really sorry, it was a really silly mistake... the link is this:

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloadfile&dno=8660&type=bios

And I know that some people have modded the bios to switch the Fn and Ctrl keys. Once again, no idea on how to do that, sorry....

And yes, some people have installed the U100 BIOS on the U120 and it enbales overclock, but disables the on board Wifi and headphones jack.

Once again, thanks!!
find
#7
I agree with both of you. We have no idea about the EFI bios architecture, but I find it odd thats one has been modded. It may be possible someone in the MSI team "leaked" this bios.

TheWiz
www find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)