Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
sgx enabling bios help
Last Post: wafa
Today 08:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167530
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71446
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6609
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22109
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41059
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 117
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317371
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 487
» Views: 101149
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2530
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 353
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55370
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64155
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4110
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Views: 109
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52247
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 251
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 339
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 158
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 142

MUST READ!!! LENOVO Laptops bios recovery by USB. VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
1. Download Phoenix Wincrisis then Click on the WINCRIS.exe and choose CREATE MINIDOS CRISIS DISK and press START to make: USB Flopy or usb flash memory.
When creating the boot Floppy or usb memory, select from Folder Options to view the hiden and system files and delete or rename the file config.sys if present.

2. Download your Bios file from lenovo.com if u dont have it, Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: USB Floppy/usb memory.

3. Plug USB Floppy/usb memory into laptop and shotdown.

4. Hold down Fn+R keys and while holding press the power button.

5. Now you should hear the flopy drive working or usb blinking, hold the keys for a while.

6. Leave the computer for few min. and if the computer does not restart it self turn the power down.

7. if everything went OK the computer shold start normally.
Download Phoenix Wincrisis Links:
link to file
http://www.mediafire.com/?ztmilmmeymr

Note: This procedure is for Phoenix BIOS`es only and this metod works only for lenovo.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUTE RECOVERY LENOVO LAPTOPS: Do not take off your battery before flashing unlike the others brand that you should take off battery!! It seems that before flashing, it verify AC/DC connection and battery level. If one of them is not ok, then reflash is stopped.

Hope to rescue your laptop.

Source: forum.lenovo by hamidontop
find
(06-20-2012, 12:29 PM)slipttees Wrote: Phoenix Wincrisis
Hello i tried this and other methods on my lenovo x100e but it seems like it does not work do you have any other metod for my model?
(fan is spinning, power button lights up and the usb blinks)
find
i fixed it!!

here is how and maybe you wish to share that.

well i did played with the display settings so the laptop was not showing anything. But that doesn't mean it was nto actually booting at least was trying but was propably geting a bsod, since the display was "disabled".

i tried the HDMI hours ago maybe i would get a tv out but nop.
after waiting 2 hours for the bios t clear as you said it doesn't because its in ROM that keep power for hours,
this is what i did.

-i download your new modified bios,
-i copied in my msdos bootable usb
-also in the usb i create the autoexec.bat and edit it inside to call the flash.bat automatically the next time the usb boots
-i opened my laptop and disconected the SSD so i made sure the bios will boot only from my usb
-i pluged the usb and power on the laptop WITH all battaries Connected! (because it check for battery state while flashing!)
-i left the laptop to power on, and i noticed that the usb was indeed LED flashing, showing some sort of activity,
-i remember now that your flash update asked 1-2 times "are you sure" "press any key to continue flashing" so i simple pressed 2-3 times then "Enter" key.
-usb started to flash even more now showing that the bios was indeed flashing!
-i waited exactly 1 min, it doesnt take longer and to make sure it finished i pressed 1-2 time more Enter, i saw none activity on the usb flash led.
-then i thought if the flash is over and needs a restart, lets make sure that its indeed over by forcing a command on the msdos to show some short off activity, and i tried to type "dir", and boom flash led activity. everytiem i typed in the blind DIR and enter the USB was flashing, which means my bios flash should be finished and now was waiting for a restart!
-i pressed the power button 3sec to shutdown and then press again to boot
-BOOM the screen comes to life and i have your bios installed.

i turn the laptop back off, and connected my SSD, and then power up to setup my bios, without touching any other crazy settings this time Tongue

now i type you from my babe!
find
(02-20-2015, 07:18 PM)vernam7 Wrote: i fixed it!!

here is how and maybe you wish to share that.

well i did played with the display settings so the laptop was not showing anything. But that doesn't mean it was nto actually booting at least was trying but was propably geting a bsod, since the display was "disabled".

i tried the HDMI hours ago maybe i would get a tv out but nop.
after waiting 2 hours for the bios t clear as you said it doesn't because its in ROM that keep power for hours,
this is what i did.

-i download your new modified bios,
-i copied in my msdos bootable usb
-also in the usb i create the autoexec.bat and edit it inside to call the flash.bat automatically the next time the usb boots
-i opened my laptop and disconected the SSD so i made sure the bios will boot only from my usb
-i pluged the usb and power on the laptop WITH all battaries Connected! (because it check for battery state while flashing!)
-i left the laptop to power on, and i noticed that the usb was indeed LED flashing, showing some sort of activity,
-i remember now that your flash update asked 1-2 times "are you sure" "press any key to continue flashing" so i simple pressed 2-3 times then "Enter" key.
-usb started to flash even more now showing that the bios was indeed flashing!
-i waited exactly 1 min, it doesnt take longer and to make sure it finished i pressed 1-2 time more Enter, i saw none activity on the usb flash led.
-then i thought if the flash is over and needs a restart, lets make sure that its indeed over by forcing a command on the msdos to show some short off activity, and i tried to type "dir", and boom flash led activity. everytiem i typed in the blind DIR and enter the USB was flashing, which means my bios flash should be finished and now was waiting for a restart!
-i pressed the power button 3sec to shutdown and then press again to boot
-BOOM the screen comes to life and i have your bios installed.

i turn the laptop back off, and connected my SSD, and then power up to setup my bios, without touching any other crazy settings this time Tongue

now i type you from my babe!

Good for you man! I'm glad you solved the problem. I have the exact same problem on my lenovo g 580 (20150) and i need help too!! In your instructions, one thing i don't understand, is how exactly you edit the autoexec file and what you have edit specifically. Please help me!!! Thanks in advance.
find
(06-20-2012, 12:29 PM)slipttees Wrote: 1. Download Phoenix Wincrisis then Click on the WINCRIS.exe and choose CREATE MINIDOS CRISIS DISK and press START to make: USB Flopy or usb flash memory.
When creating the boot Floppy or usb memory, select from Folder Options to view the hiden and system files and delete or rename the file config.sys if present.

2. Download your Bios file from lenovo.com if u dont have it, Rename your BIOS file to bios.wph and copy it to your: USB Floppy/usb memory.

5. Now you should hear the flopy drive working or usb blinking, hold the keys for a while.

6. Leave the computer for few min. and if the computer does not restart it self turn the power down.

link to file

Note: This procedure is for Phoenix BIOS`es only and this metod works only for lenovo.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUTE RECOVERY LENOVO LAPTOPS: Do not take off your battery before flashing unlike the others brand that you should take off battery!! It seems that before flashing, it verify AC/DC connection and battery level. If one of them is not ok, then reflash is stopped.

Hello. I have similar problem with my laptop bios. I  flashed my bios and changed monitor settings to auto-select(before i didn't have that option) and then...black screen comes. At first i thought "OMFG, i screwed my laptop" but then, when laptop restarted, i plug in one usb stick to my laptop and i heard the autoplay sound and i started to have hopes. Then, i thought... "it's ok...i'll enter set up (blindfolded) reset settings by pressing f9 and then save and exit with f10"...but, it looks like something went wrong and after restart, one short beep happened and nothing more...black screen! I tried to connect my usb stick again to confirm that it's still booting but no screen, but NO! Nothing! Please help me. Thanks in advance.
find
(04-27-2017, 06:48 PM)Bill.gr Wrote:
(06-20-2012, 12:29 PM)slipttees Wrote: 1. Download Phoenix Wincrisis then Click on the WINCRIS.exe and choose CREATE MINIDOS CRISIS DISK and press START to make: USB Flopy or usb flash memory.

link to file

Hello. I have similar problem with my laptop bios. I  flashed my bios and changed monitor settings to auto-select(before i didn't have that option) and then...black screen comes. At first i thought "OMFG, i screwed my laptop" but then, when laptop restarted, i plug in one usb stick to my laptop and i heard the autoplay sound and i started to have hopes. Then, i thought... "it's ok...i'll enter set up (blindfolded) reset settings by pressing f9 and then save and exit with f10"...but, it looks like something went wrong and after restart, one short beep happened and nothing more...black screen! I tried to connect my usb stick again to confirm that it's still booting but no screen, but NO! Nothing! Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Hi All,
Uploaded the latest BIOS version from Lenovo support site and bricked my T430. Now trying to re-flash the BIOS. 

Has the WINCRIS.exe and USB flash boot method worked for anyone with a lenovo T430. I read somewhere that the only way to perform a T430 BIOS update once it has been bricked is by directly clipping onto the motherboard i.e. the method described by slipttees does not work for a T430.  Does anyone know if that is true?

I tried by making the WINCRIS.exe boot USB. When I power-up the laptop with a Func-B-power button or Func-R-powerbutton combination, the USB lights up solid blue but not blinking as described by slipttees. I left it on for half an hr. Also tried hitting the a few times but nothing happened. The BIOS wasn't updated. The laptop is still bricked. 

Would appreciate any insights/help. 
Regards,
find