Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 47
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 115
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221784
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118859
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 142
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6628
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308863
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61684
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 433
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20073
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168745
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6116
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 649
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5607
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60893
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274784
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 763
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 694653

Medion mim2300 bios unlock
#11
Its under CPU Thermal Control Sub-menu, and I changed
Active Tip Point to 47C and
High-Fan Trip point to 55C, also DTS is disabled.
Seems like even its saved in bios, doesn't affect the behaviour of the fan.
find
quote
#12
Hello sencija,

I have confirmed that the 3 settings that you set were saved correctly.

Under the Intel>CPU Control Sub-Menu> there are two sub-menus. One is named 'Merom CPU Control Sub-Menu' and the other is mysteriously called 'Cannot_Find_String'. Apply the same settings that you set in the Merom Menu here.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#13
Under CPU Control Sub-Menu there is only Merom CPU Control Sub-Menu nothing else.
find
quote
#14
Hello sencija,

Try setting these settings to much lower temperatures. This will allow you to test whether or not these settings are working. There may also be another setting that you need to edit in addition to these 3.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#15
Ok I'll try tonight to do that all, if it fails on me to make it work, I'll just make it spin 100% 24/7. Thank you for your mode, seems like this laptop ain't made to be good in the end Smile.
find
quote
#16
Hello sencija,

I am moving this thread to the Confirmed Unlocked forum. I have already added the modified BIOS image to the bios-mods Index of Modified BIOS Images.

If you have any more questions or comments regarding the fan issue or any other issues, please post a reply on this thread.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#17
Hi, I have sucessfully flashed the bios with the modded bios posted by Sml6397, All seems to be working as it should, Except I am unable to acsess the MCH Workarounds menu, What exactly is in there?

The primary reason i flashed the bios was because i changed the cpu, And I read somewhere that the original bios wouldnt change the FSB from 667 to 800mhz. Everything seems to be working as it should though. Any input is greatly appreciated.
find
quote
#18
Hello skunky2k,

This is what the "MCH Workarounds:" Menu would look like in your BIOS:    

Your BIOS is not the only BIOS that makes the menu inaccessible when unlocked. I am currently in the process of investigating what the cause of this is.

I did not make any BIOS modifications that would affect the FSB. When I upgraded my notebook's CPU, the FSB also increased. This was due to the fact that both the motherboard and the chipset already supported the higher FSB speed.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#19
Hey Sml6397,

Maybe a bit strange to revive this old thread, but ....
I was recently able to revive my old mim2300 and was able to get your BIOS mod onto it.
I am (also) trying to get the temperature issue under control.
Under the Intel>CPU Control Sub-Menu> I can only see the 'Cannot_Find_String'.
Under the CPU Thermal Control Sub-menu, the lowest value I can find at Active Tip Point is 63C. (so no 55c or 47C ... only disable)
I would however like to set this lower but it seems impossible ??

Can you help me out here ?

Thanks on beforehand.

K.
find
quote
#20
Hello kaneace,

I will look into this issue.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)