Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309748
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

Mistakenly damaged BIOS - help with recovery. Lenovo G500, InsydeH20 BIOS.
#1
Hello everyone!


I've messed up. After flashing a custom BIOS, I modified a BIOS Graphics Memory option, and since then my laptop has not booted (no logo, no screen, no nothing).

On normal boots, the laptop will start, stay on for 5 seconds, and shutdown. It only does this when memory is in the machine (I assume it's trying to allocate more memory than is available, I can't say).

Anyway, I've attempted BIOS recovery several times, with guides such as this one (bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/insyde-bios-recovery/). Specifically, here's what I've tried:


  1. Downloaded latest BIOS from Lenovo's site (support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds036474). Extracted "BIOS Update.exe" using 7-zip.
  2. Downloaded the Phoenix Tool (forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/13194-Tool-to-Insert-Replace-SLIC-in-Phoenix-Insyde-Dell-EFI-BIOSes), ran it on the WinVIWGP203.ROM file from the extracted exe. The suggested file name is "VIWGPX64.F?"
  3. Copied and renamed the original WinVIWGP203.ROM file to VIWGPX64.FD.
  4. Format USB drive (in my case, 4 GB, FAT32), copied the new .FD file to it's root.
  5. Disconnected battery, power cable, etc., from laptop.
  6. Plug USB in (all ports tried).
  7. Held down FN+B (FB+R also works on this machine). Plug in AC Adapter, power on.
  8. LEDs light up, let go of FN+B. Fan spins heavily. LEDs lit are white and orange.
  9. USB drive flashes twice or so immediately after pressing of power button.
  10. 30+ minutes, no change. No beeps, no flashes, no USB activity, nothing.

Here's all the file names I've tried: i.imgur.com/VeMb7NE.png

Any suggestions? Is there something I'm missing? There's also a thread here that suggests examine the platform.ini file, but none of the strings "model=" or "platform=" were found.

Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#2
I haven't got luck with Lenovo Recovery Procedure !
So I can only suggest to buy the tools like here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

With SPI PGM and Pomona Soic Clip You can Recover the Firmware and I can help You !
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
(05-11-2015, 09:58 AM)BDMaster Wrote: I haven't got luck with Lenovo Recovery Procedure !
So I can only suggest to buy the tools like here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

With SPI PGM and Pomona Soic Clip You can Recover the Firmware and I can help You !
Let me know
Regards

Wow, that's...depressing. I wonder why I can't get Lenovo BIOS Recovery to work? I'll consider the bios chip reprogramming (?) as a last resort, if I don't scrap this laptop.

Anyone else have ideas?
find
quote
#4
You can find googleing many experiments and look for Recovery, but I found only few working !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
Will this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOIC8-SOP8-Test-...27fe562167 and this http://www.ebay.com/itm/301443899698?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT be all I need to flash this BIOS chip manually?
find
quote
#6
Yes ! These are enough to make the right job !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#7
(06-01-2015, 09:30 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Yes ! These are enough to make the right job !
Regards

Phew, finally got those PINS/Aligned correctly, that was a massive pain. Attached is the BIOS read.
find
quote
#8
Ok I will reply quickly !
regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#9
(06-10-2015, 01:52 PM)BDMaster Wrote: Ok I will reply quickly !
regards

Bump?
find
quote
#10
I got error on your Firmware file ME corrupted !
Redo the Dump and upload again the file !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)