Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424136
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223758
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119096
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309504
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169142
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61108
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

Modding an asus a7v333-x to include via vt6421 support
#1
Hello to everybody, recently I bought an adapter for my old machine, I've a few problems that seems to require a BIOS modding.

I'll explain what I did until now:

* My MB is an asus a7v333-x. The bios version is 1004, included as attachment (I can also use the 1005.002 beta if it's required).
* I didn't found the BIOS/Firmware of the card, but I'm still looking for it.
* The program I used to edit (well, to see what is inside of the BIOS file) is the Award Bios Editor v1.0. This software says that asus BIOS is not an award one, but it still opens it and I'm able to see the logo, menues, etc.

What I can do now?, I can rely on Award Bios Editor v1.0 or I need to use another program?, where I can find vt6421 BIOS?, it seems that it's easy to find (many other found it before than me) but i don't know where i can download it.

Thank you beforehand.
Now I tried to work with CBROM1.96 with:

cbrom196.exe AV333X04.AWD /d

--------------

The process get freezed or something like that. ???
I found the VT6421 BIOS, now I'm playing with it. If you think than I'm posting a lot, please tell me and I'll recycle the posts.

I attach the BIOS file also.


Attached Files
.zip   av333x04.zip (Size: 192.17 KB / Downloads: 4)
.rom   6421V431.rom (Size: 62 KB / Downloads: 22)
find
quote
#2
Do NOT rely on Award Bios Editor by any means! Its an extinct program and cannot handle any newer bioses (read , the last 5 yrs) Tongue

I can replace the onboard LAN rom with the rom for the VT6421 but this will obviously mean you wont be able to use the lan on the motherboard.

Please tell me in more detail what your exactly trying to achieve and i can help you further

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
I'm trying to boot from a disk attached to the via card.

I tested it with a SATA drive and it works, but (for unknown reasons to me) it doesn't like my IDE/PATA disks. When I connect any of these (PATA), the BIOS of the card doesn't shown itself.

On other sites I read that integrating the BIOS of the card can helps and I like to try something different Wink

Replace ethernet with via raid can be a solution, but I prefer to look for another solution, is there another BIOS module that we can replace? virus, splashscreen, ...

And another question, what program are you using to do this?. All the soft I tried doesn't seems to work (or I don't know how to use it)

Thank you very much.
find
quote
#4
I can add it into the bios without replacing anything actually! Smile (I think!)

I used bit.exe to extract all the modules but i see what you mean , i cant rebuild with cbrom

Hagve to get back to you on this one Sad

Regards
Admin
OK well heres an update , beacause this is an older award v4.5 bios that explains why CBROM and modbin6 wont open them (Because they are for the newer award v6.0 bioses)

however , modbin for 4.5 bioses also cannot open this file because it complains of a checksum error!

Il keep trying though Smile

admin
Like you said previously , the only way of opening this is using award bios editor. However , removing the logos and boot screen image and antivirus rom to make room to insert the RAID card BIOS seems to work fine and save fine , but award bios editor wont open up the new file afterwards (complains that its a bad layout)
find
quote
#5
I'm going to try with bit.exe now (Bios Information Tool, right?) and award bios editor.

I'm not arrived to the point to have problems to reopen the patched BIOS. Yesterday I opened a BIOS version, I can't recall which one, and I saw the splashcreen. Now I'm unable to see the same. Maybe I can try another BIOS version.

Another question, is award bios editor opening the file correctly?, does it not complain about something?
Update, yesterday I used a program (I'm almost sure that was award bios editor) and I saw the splash-screen.

Maybe I used another tool and I'm confused now?,

Also I used bit.exe, the program correctly understand the BIOS file, but I don't know how to extract (or insert) any module. "bit.exe /?", doesn't work.

Open the file with an hex editor and use the offsets given by bit to remove/insert is correct or can mess everything?
Compression of modules is LHA??
Ok, I'm kinda slow. The bit generates a directory with the components of the BIOS. Nice for me.
find
quote
#6
Yes it will compress but will not rebuild - thats the problem!

Admin
find
quote
#7
Yesterday I tried to modify the BIOS removing antivirus and splashcreen and adding the via firmware, after that I flashed the BIOS in the MB.

I don't find any improvement over the previous state. The firmware menu doesn't appear, etc.

I add the modified BIOS as attachment.


Attached Files
.rar   modified.rar (Size: 189.01 KB / Downloads: 5)
find
quote
#8
Really sorry but this is not a moddable bios Sad try opening your modded one in award bios editor again and you will see that it corrupts it!

Sincere Apologies
Admin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)